Getting to Know You *****START HERE*****

Forum: Children With ADHD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Name: Crystal
Children(s) Name(s) and ages: Joshua 9 & Christopher 6
Child(ren) with ADD/ADHD: Christopher
Do they have ADD or ADHD or combinations type: Currently being tested for ADHD
At what age were they diagnosed: 6
Do you or your childs father have ADD/ADHD: No
What have you found that helps your child (wether it be meds, deep pressure, brushing, exercise, etc): Not sure yet :-(
Something about you and anything else you would like to share:
I'm a single parent and the past few months has been really hard for me. I'm typing this now with tears in my eyes because Christopher is so easily upset and gets angry very quickly. He attacks his brother, hates to be reprimanded, over active all of the time, and is having issues at school. This week was his second appointment at the psychologist and it hurts because I don't know how to help him. His brother goes back and forth with him because he doesn't understand what's going on with him. I look forward to chatting with everyone and gaining some advice and learning techniques to help us.
July 27th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Name: Rochelle
Child's Name and age: Sara (6)
Child with ADD/ADHD: Sara
Do they have ADD or ADHD or combinations type: ADHD
At what age were they diagnosed: 6
Do you or your childs father have ADD/ADHD: Me dyslexia with ADD
What have you found that helps your child (wether it be meds, deep pressure, brushing, exercise, etc): Not sure yet she we just got a confirmed diagnosis
Something about you and anything else you would like to share: Hi my name is Rochelle and we just found out on Friday that our daughter has ADHD, although in the back of my mind I knew it since she was about 3 or 4. I kept saying something wasn't right, but everyone said I was looking for something to be wrong. I'm a teacher and know what to look for. Although I didn't want it to be true because I see how children with ADHD are treated by their peers. The only reason why I was finally able to get someone to listen was because her kindergarten teacher saw it too and requested we take her to see a developmental pediatrician who diagnosed her on Friday after some tests she took. I happy to know that I am not crazy and that family is starting to believe me.
November 16th, 2015, 12:07 PM
My name is Fay Turner, and I enjoy meeting new people and finding ways to help them have an uplifting experience. I am dedicated, passionate and outgoing. Hope everyone's well!
March 22nd, 2016, 08:56 AM
Name : ErinChildren: James (almost 15), and Aidan (10)
Child with ADHD: both, but James is mild not hyperactive, and goes along with ASD, and anxiety. Aidan is very hyper, but has no other disabilities.
When diagnosed:James was diagnosed in middle elementary, Aidan in first grade.
Anyone else in family?: I often wonder if I have ADHD, but don't quite fit all the criteria...but I do have a hard time with organization of things and time.
What helps (with Aidan): one on one time, one direction at a time, incentives, making sure he gets to move his body with some type of activity every so often, outside play, meds.
Something about me: I am a speech language pathologist in a public school (not the same town my kids go to). I love my family, which also includes my husband Paul, and our two cats, Winky and Dobby.
What else? James is good kid, and smart despite his disabilites. He does have a really hard time with comprehension and making inferences, so I usually read his assigned books with him, so we can discuss things as we go. He would prefer to sit in his room, and play on his iPad all day, every day, but we limit his screen time, and encourage him to do things with others. so right now, he is a part of the youth group at our local cable company...he runs the cameras, and is sometimes a part of the skits, and he has joined the robotics club at his high school. His brother excels in theater, and he has decided that he would like to try a summer theater camp this year. Last year, he applied for, and was accepted into a multi-town technical high school, and after he tried 20 shops, he just (last week!) got into his number one choice, Internet. Aidan is a great, funny kid, who has a heck of a personality. He loves to read, and cherishes bedtime, when I read to him. He LOVES to do theater, and usually gets the part he wants, because he loves to be in the spotlight. He is learning to play the trumpet and guitar, and plays lacrosse in the spring (his ADHD definitely affects his play). He seems to have up and down years at school...and it seems partly (largely?) dependent on how his teachers respond to him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search