Getting to Know You *****START HERE*****

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Name: Crystal
Children(s) Name(s) and ages: Joshua 9 & Christopher 6
Child(ren) with ADD/ADHD: Christopher
Do they have ADD or ADHD or combinations type: Currently being tested for ADHD
At what age were they diagnosed: 6
Do you or your childs father have ADD/ADHD: No
What have you found that helps your child (wether it be meds, deep pressure, brushing, exercise, etc): Not sure yet :-(
Something about you and anything else you would like to share:
I'm a single parent and the past few months has been really hard for me. I'm typing this now with tears in my eyes because Christopher is so easily upset and gets angry very quickly. He attacks his brother, hates to be reprimanded, over active all of the time, and is having issues at school. This week was his second appointment at the psychologist and it hurts because I don't know how to help him. His brother goes back and forth with him because he doesn't understand what's going on with him. I look forward to chatting with everyone and gaining some advice and learning techniques to help us.
July 27th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Name: Rochelle
Child's Name and age: Sara (6)
Child with ADD/ADHD: Sara
Do they have ADD or ADHD or combinations type: ADHD
At what age were they diagnosed: 6
Do you or your childs father have ADD/ADHD: Me dyslexia with ADD
What have you found that helps your child (wether it be meds, deep pressure, brushing, exercise, etc): Not sure yet she we just got a confirmed diagnosis
Something about you and anything else you would like to share: Hi my name is Rochelle and we just found out on Friday that our daughter has ADHD, although in the back of my mind I knew it since she was about 3 or 4. I kept saying something wasn't right, but everyone said I was looking for something to be wrong. I'm a teacher and know what to look for. Although I didn't want it to be true because I see how children with ADHD are treated by their peers. The only reason why I was finally able to get someone to listen was because her kindergarten teacher saw it too and requested we take her to see a developmental pediatrician who diagnosed her on Friday after some tests she took. I happy to know that I am not crazy and that family is starting to believe me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search