Abilify

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2012, 10:47 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Gabriella's doctor talked about adding Abilify to her medication work up if we did not start to see an improvement. Currently, she talks 1mg or Resperidone 3 times a day, and Adderall XR in the morning. He says that we can not increase the Resperidone anymore, and the next step is to put her on Abilify.... Has anyone had this option brought up?
March 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I have heard of it helping adults who have bipolar disorder but not children. Here is what I found.....
INDICATIONS: ABILIFY is indicated for:
•Use as an add-on treatment to an antidepressant for adults with Major Depressive Disorder who have had an inadequate response to antidepressant therapy
•Treatment of manic or mixed episodes associated with Bipolar I Disorder in adults and in pediatric patients 10 to 17 years of age
•Treatment of Schizophrenia in adults and in adolescents 13 to 17 years of age
•Treatment of irritability associated with Autistic Disorder in pediatric patients 6 to 17 years of age

and this from another website....

Abilify (aripiprazole) is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain.

Abilify is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (manic depression). It is also used together with other medications to treat major depressive disorder in adults.

Abilify is also used to treat irritability and symptoms of aggression, mood swings, temper tantrums, and self-injury related to autistic disorder in children who are at least 6 years old.

and just a warning from what I have read of horror stories of children taking abilify make sure you read the side effects. Here is some of things other parents have wrote.

What symptoms is not being helped by the other meds she is on?

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
March 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKatieAiden Mommy View Post

Abilify is also used to treat irritability and symptoms of aggression, mood swings, temper tantrums, and self-injury related to autistic disorder in children who are at least 6 years old.

and just a warning from what I have read of horror stories of children taking abilify make sure you read the side effects. Here is some of things other parents have wrote.

What symptoms is not being helped by the other meds she is on?
That would be why he would want her on it. She is very violent!
March 31st, 2012, 06:20 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
If it were me I would try it and see if it helps her.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search