Fiber/Laxative Choice

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm a stepparent and we have my stepson for a part of the summer. He was beginning to show signs of ADD/ADHD and was abused by his stepfather. CPS got involved before my husband could put in the motion to receive custody and his maternal grandfather now has custody. Her parents are strongly opposed to my husband receiving custody (we live out of state) so it's been a long road and we're not really informed on health choices nor are we really allowed input.

We have yet to see anything that would tell us he got an official diagnose of ADD or ADHD but it does appear he's being treated for it.
His current regimen is:

Intuitiv 1mg in the am
Concerta 27mg in the am
Clonidine 0.1mg at bedtime

I'm severely displeased with the Clonidine choice but it is what it is. This combination keeps him chronically constipated and he generally drinks juice with a laxative every 2-3 days and sometimes if he won't drink his juice then he gets an enema. I'm trying to avoid that by keeping him full of fiber. We've got Benefiber in apple juice but until that builds up in his system what's a safe laxative that we can give him. I don't want his system to be any more messed up than it already is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search