My husband can not take care of my adhd 5 year old.. HELP!!

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 05:45 PM
My husband has ADHD himself,, he only has 1 day a week to spend with our daughter and i usually work because we can save on child care that day,,, we both have "sales" schedules working nights weekends and rotating days off,, NO consistancy,, In the past my husband has called me at work in "freak out mode" and i have had to leave or get someone to go pick her up like my dad or sister in law.. but this hasnt happened in over a year, now it has happened twice in the past month and i just dont know what to do,, how can i not count on my childs father to help me with her,, we both have different points of view on this,, his is i only get one day off a week and i have to deal with her oppositional behavior and stress all day,, and mine is you only have her one day a week i just dont get it,,, if anyone else can relate PLEASE post!!

Thanks in advance
Discouraged Full Time Working Mommy
August 22nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
I can relate! My husband used to call me all the time when I had to work nights. He even tried to leave my daughter with me at work (which is not allowed). Is there a game that she likes to play that they could do together? Something that they have in common that they could do together?

August 29th, 2012, 02:55 AM
hi i can very much relate to this my hubby has now since passed away but used to parent from the couch and my daughter would be running around with all sorts of odd things sometimes dangerous things.
Have you heard of the incredible years ...it is a 13 week course in supporting all parents with children with many different adversities. Your local community schools may know ???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search