suspect my child has adhd or odd but no one will listen been to th docs numerous time

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone looking really for sum help and advise really my son is 6 years old nearly 7 been having this problem since he was 2 I also have 2 girls one 5 and 1 nearly 2years sick off people telling m that his behaviour is not a problem when I serioulsy disagree my son is ok at school behind with his reading and writing but his behaviour at home other ppls houses out and about is beyond being bad he attacks my 2 daughters attacks other kids goes to bed at 8 and up at midnight some nights up earlir or doesnt even sleep at all the last major episode we had was attacking his auntie with a pencil trying to stab her for saying no he couldnt have something he missed my sister but almost stabbed a complete stranger his response wen we sat down and spoke to hime was he was going to jump off a building and kill his self I have ova bad episodes like this hes always verbally abusive to myself and other famiky members always attacking people can never seem to sit still I coukd go into this alot more but all I keep getting told is its my parenting just getting him ready fir school is a 45 min task I never like to take him anywhere with me be ause of how he behaves and kicks off and smashes things if I take thinks off of him hes already bust and given me black eyes and also his father and sisters im just at a lose coz they just keep saying coz hes ok at school then theres nothing wrong with him and its my parenting but my other to children have been brought up exactally the same and there never any bother im just at a loss weather or not to push forsumthing more to be done or have a failed him as a parent im scared that he will actually hurt somebody plus wen hes waking my other children up through the night its tsking its toll on myself and its getting me really down please any advice would be much appeciated
February 18th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

Have you tried other doctors beside the pediatrician? Counseling would be a good step, for your son and as a family, either way as there is def a problem somewhere.

Does he do outside activities such as church, Boy Scouts, and/or sports? How does he behave there? Those people could also fill out a behavior rating scale.
February 28th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Veteran
Like Spotts said..if the teachers don't see any of this behavior definitely start with a counselor. They will do an assessment and go from there. I have been where you are right now, with my son. It started when he was 5. He is 13 now, and after a couple years of counseling and medication trial and errors..he is finally a well adjusted boy. He is doing well in school and doesn't try to harm himself or others. Good luck to you. And just know it can get better. Don't give up
Expecting my precious #4

Mommy to Aaron (15) Andrew (13) Alecia 9.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 15th, 2014, 06:25 AM
My daughter has ADHD/ODD and is 11 but was diagnosed at 5. The ADHD would not be making your child aggressive but the ODD side would if that is what he has. You need to ask your doctor for assessment papers. The doctor should give you two separate questionnaires, one for you to fill out and one for his teacher to fill out. If he had adhd/odd how he acts at school would be just as out there as he is at home.
My daughter was aggressive to both those at home as well as those at school when she was diagnosed. She would be very good at other people's houses 9/10 times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search