I just want to let go

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2014, 07:02 PM
I just want to let go of the anxiety. I'm worried every second of the day about what might happen with my son who is 6 with ADHD and ODD. It's not like every second he's misbehaving, but when I pick him up from school, I'm nervous about a bad report, during school, I keep my phone by my hand the entire time for fear I'm going to get a call from them. In extracurricular activities, he's awesome at the activity, but acts up and bugs other kids and gets time outs. He's never asked on play dates, but when we ask someone to our home, I'm sick about it. Is he going to take cops and robbers too far, is he going to be mean, bossy, etc.--further hurting his social relationships. Even at church, I sit in the sanctuary wondering if he's being good in Sunday School. Even at my parents who live near us and will love us through anything, I get anxious that he's going to misbehave. Since when did ADHD get to be so much about behavior problems? When I was growing up, it was focus issues. My son has those also, but it's the never knowing what's going to happen that kills me. 99% of the time, I'm worried for my son--I want him to thrive and be happy and to see him hurt just deteriorates me. Right now, I'm talking about me. For 1% of the time, I want to say that I'm sick of feeling worried. I just want to let go of the worry. Does anyone ever feel like if you keep worrying and keep your adhd guard up that things might be prevented? So not true...worrying doesn't prevent anything. I just want to enjoy the good days and know that the bad days will get better and that nothing absolutely horrible is going to happen; but I just can't let go. It's ruining me as a person, which makes me feel like my son can likely sense it too. everyone knows me as a fun-loving, funny, smiley, happy person--and now I'm stiff, insecure, concerned, overly worried...all the time...totally consumes me. How do I let go? Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe I'm more of the problem that I know.
February 18th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the ODD would be his behavior problems, not the ADHD. Is DS in counseling? If not you may want him to try it. Counseling would be good for you also. Hope you get to feeling better sooner than later.
March 18th, 2014, 11:37 AM
I understand the feelings, I think many of us do. You need to make sure you take of you. I agree I think counseling would be a good idea. I know when I went, I thought it was for the birds. Yeah right type of thing. lol But it really did help.Stay strong..
March 19th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Counseling has definitely helped my son He started therapy over the summer and this school year has been much better!
March 20th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Hi..I have been having issues with my 8 year old daughter at school. I get multiple emails and phone calls telling me that my child is misbehaving and disrupting the classroom and wont do any work. She has not been diagnosed with ADHD and we have tried everything from removing her from the classroom to not doing things at home when she is bad. I have run out of things to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search