And so it begins......

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've already received one question (on another forum) about why I'm not trying for a VBAC. I hate feeling like I have to justify my decisions. It's none of their business anyway. And I stated that I think every woman has the right to make their own birth choices and then of course the inevitable, what about mom's who have a primary c/s for convenience instead of medical reasons. And I answered that I thought it was their choice not my place to judge. Deep down inside I think it's stupid but after all the crap, I really feel like whatever they want is their business! So what! They want the baby born on a certain date, don't want to labor, whatever! Their life! I am so over this discussion. Why does anyone care how someone else gives birth? Why should it matter even the littlest bit to them? You live your life and I'll live mine, kwim?

Anyway, sorry for the rant. This is the only place I know that my feelings will be understood.

July 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29

I've had 3 doctors tell me in the past that I shouldn't attempt a vaginal birth. After reading everything on JM for the past few years, I've kinda been considering a VBaC (but only if I go into labor on my own earlier than term). Once again, today, a 4th doctor gave me a NEW reason why I shouldn't consider a VBaC. Is it anyone's business? NO. It's why I haven't even mentioned the thought of one anywhere except this response to you.
July 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't get why some people are like that when someone has a different opinion about something. I say go with whatever YOU want!

July 9th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks ladies! You all always make me feel better.

Chrystal - Don't feel bad about considering a VBAC. I think that's wonderful if that's what you want. I don't hate VBACs or think no one should ever try one. It's just not right for me and I hate it when others think it's their place to "educate" me or change my mind. I'm plenty educated and am completely capable of making my own choices. I hope you get the birth experience that you want! Hugs girl!

July 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
The only reason I'm even considering it is because I'll also have a hysterectomy about 8 weeks later. The recovery was horrible last time, so I can only imagine having 2 surgeries in a row.
July 10th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Christy72
Quote:
Thanks ladies! You all always make me feel better.

Chrystal - Don't feel bad about considering a VBAC. I think that's wonderful if that's what you want. I don't hate VBACs or think no one should ever try one. It's just not right for me and I hate it when others think it's their place to "educate" me or change my mind. I'm plenty educated and am completely capable of making my own choices. I hope you get the birth experience that you want! Hugs girl![/b]

Exactly! I am having my 3rd c-section. I did want a v-bac with my 2nd and because of complications my doctor just didn't think it was the right thing to do and I agreed. I felt like everyone was judging me because I didn't try. But I had high blood pressure and GD and my daughter was born at 38w2d at 9lb 13oz. I know that the c-section was the right decsion. I didn't even think about vbac this time. I am heading straight for c-section. I think people should do what is right for them. While I don't understand why a first time mom would choose a c-section for convience it really is their choice and not mine. Huge hugs to you. So far no one has said anything to me directly about the c-section. I hope it doesn't happen though.
July 20th, 2008, 06:25 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're doing the right thing Steph. Just ignore them. People are just talking out of their bums when they say things like that. You know your body and you are the only person capable of making a decision like this. I don't even think your doctor should have a say unless it's 100% absolutely necessary. I'm here for you hun.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
July 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM
I'm happy to report that I'm very happy with my dr. and his approach to things. This is a new OB for me because we moved from MI to IN last Oct. When we talked today he asked about the reasons for my last c/s. Then he said, "So the question is, how do you want to deliver this baby?" He does do VBAC and I knew that when I chose him. I told him I wanted another c/s and he said not another word about it and noted it clearly at the top of my chart. When I asked about what he closed with, his answer was "Whatever you want me to." And then he noted my preferences on the chart as well. We discussed a ballpark c/s date of between March 2 and 6 so 39 wks 2 days to 39 wks 6 days since my EDD is a Sat. I was also pleased with that. So all is well for now!

July 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I'm so glad that your doctor isn't pushing you in either direction. It is your choice and you should be able to make whatever decision you think is best for you and your baby.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
July 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great that he's going with what you want!

July 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
I am so relieved!

July 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Christy72
That is great news! I am glad you are getting good support from your ob.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search