Read this POST!!!! WOW!!!!

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2008, 01:34 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
My friend actually wrote this post about me...because of some of the grief I have experienced from others about my decision to do a repeat c-section. This post actually has the best points, and then some of the responses actually SHOW THE REASON FOR THE POST!!! I couldn't believe it. I mean here is this post upset about the way C-Section women are treated with judgement and yet some women are still judging...

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1188667

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
worried27
I guess they think they are better than other women because they went all natural.
July 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
That was great of your friend to post that. Most of the responses were great. Thanks for sharing!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
July 19th, 2008, 10:29 AM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
That was a great post!

It has always boggled my mind as to WHY some women stress so much and get so nasty and opinionated over how OTHER women deliver their babies and the reasons behind it. It is no one else's business anyhow.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

July 19th, 2008, 03:17 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
That was a great post!

It has always boggled my mind as to WHY some women stress so much and get so nasty and opinionated over how OTHER women deliver their babies and the reasons behind it. It is no one else's business anyhow.[/b]
Most of those responses were very nice though.

July 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That was a great post! It makes me feel better about having another c-section. Oh yes I was afraid people would say something because I am not having a VBAC

July 21st, 2008, 05:06 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Quote:
That was a great post!

It has always boggled my mind as to WHY some women stress so much and get so nasty and opinionated over how OTHER women deliver their babies and the reasons behind it. It is no one else's business anyhow.[/b]
I feel the same way, why would someone care how i chose to deliver my baby. My daughter is here heathy and doing wonderfully, and to me, i would never put either of us at risk. I had the chance to try and do a version to flip Mackenzie since she was breech, and i declined. to me it seemed risky for her, the cord could get wrapped around her neck or go in a knot. That just wasnt worth it to me, so i said if she turns great, if not, csection it is. i never once questioned my decision. How i gave birth never mattered to me, especially at that point in my pregnancy (38 weeks is when she turned breech) 2 women in my DDC lost their babies, one at 36 weeks and one gave birth at 34 weeks, and the baby didnt make it. So how i gave birth wasnt important to me, holding my baby girl was.

What i decide to do with my next birth, will decide on my situation when the time comes. Whatever me and my doctor decide is best for me and my baby, is what i will do. I am not going into it with any set plans, since we all know that plans can change.

These boards are great for the imformation we get, but at the same time can be very judgemental. Good for your friend for posting that.
July 26th, 2008, 01:24 PM
meli.ann's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
That was a great post!

I agree...I don't get it why some people spend their time and energy worrying about the choices that others make in regards to a c-section. What difference does it make to them? I used to frequent the c-section board on another website, and there were a few people that took it upon themselves to "educate" all of the c-section mamas. When that didn't work, they went elsewhere on the board to talk about it and the c-section mamas were refered to as "knife weilding wackjobs". Um, ok. Take that passion and put it towards something worthwhile!

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown

July 27th, 2008, 11:19 AM
worried27
Quote:
and the c-section mamas were refered to as "knife weilding wackjobs".[/b]
July 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing that! We had lots of complications with Isaac, and I had to have an emergency c-section. We almost lost him right then, and we would've if they had waited any longer. It's so sad to me how some people think and "look down" on others. Isaac's life was saved that day b/c of the c-section. Noah was a repeat c-section, b/c the two c-sections were close together, the first had been an emergency, and my pelvic structure won't allow for me to have a vaginal birth. That last point is something no one can argue with! Through all the comments I've heard and everything I've experienced, the most important thing during the L&D is that mom and baby are both healthy and fine!!!!!!

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search