time between pregnancies?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2008, 10:10 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I am curious as to what is an acceptable time between pregnancies. I had my baby via csection April 2nd, of this year. I am not looking to get preggo anytime soon, but i fear that i will get pregnant too soon, and my body wont be able to handle it.

I wont go on BC, i dont like the effects it takes on my body, and DH wont use condoms( he swears on the pull out method), so asside from counting days and knowing when im ovulating, we arent being very safe.

Have any of you had a csection and then got pregnant shortly after? What did your doctors have to say. how did the pregnancy go? Were there any complications? I know i have heard you should wait 18 months between, which is right around what we plan to wait before we ttc, but i am just curious as to what you know about this or what you have heard.
July 21st, 2008, 10:39 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 2 are 11 months 10 days apart! Both csections. My first was 2 months old when I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd,

July 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
worried27
My cousin got pregnant 3 months pp and there were no complications at all. The only thing her Dr. told her was that she had no choice in delivery method and had to go with a scheduled c/section because of a slight chance of uterine rupture.
July 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My ob said 12 months. I guess they want your body to heal and everything.

July 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
momtofaith's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My girls are exactly 15 months apart, both scheduled c-sections. My Dr. wasn't concerned at all.
July 21st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My boys were 15 months apart, and the OBs were a bit concerned. That was b/c Isaac was an emergency and I don't think it was a smooth delivery (I was under general anesth). The OBs said they wanted me to wait until Noah was 15 months old before ttc, so the c-sections would be about 24 months/2 years apart.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

July 21st, 2008, 05:27 PM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
My first was just under a year when I got pg, so 21 months apart. My middle son was 19 months old, so about 28 months apart. Neither OB had any worries, the only recommendation they had were repeat C's, but I think they would have recommended that no matter how long I waited. I think both of them only recommended a year in between though, and they said they would recommend the same if I had been a vaginal delivery.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they prefer at least 2 years between c/s but there are absolutely people who have them closer all the time. I wanted to follow that advice and then some so mine will be just over 2.5 between c/s.

July 21st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Live4Love's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my first c-section in April 2006 and I got pregnant in Feb 2008.... my OB isn't concerned and has never brought up any worries abotut it.
July 21st, 2008, 07:32 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
My OB told me to wait 18 months...I'm guessing she meant 18 months before ttc again not delivering after 18 months. But, like others have said, plenty of other ladies have done it closer together than that!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
July 22nd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dr said they like people to wait a year before getting pregnant after a c/section. But he told me that when I found out I was pregnant with Summer 8 months after my c/section. But he wasn't worried about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search