New Here

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM
FirstTimerMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My name is Ashley and I am a mother to a wonderful, happy, and healthy 4 month old baby girl. Let me give you my background. THis is going to be long.
I was a large baby when I was born (9.14), my mom had me 100% natural, so my doctor knew my LO would be large as well since it is hereditary. So he said at the begining of my pregnancy that we would schedule an induction once I started to change on my own. At 37 weeks I was already 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, but the baby was still high. I asked about induction and he said the hospital had policiy to not do any inductions that were not 100% necessary until 40 weeks, and macrosomia was not a valid reason! I said well that was always the plan and he said induction would not help anyway because he felt the baby was probably already too large ( I had an us at 36 weeks and the baby was already measuring 8.6). So we decided to wait a week and reevaluate. . .again there was no change and we decided to meet again on that Friday when I would be 39 weeks. He told me to really think about a c/s since there were many risks that come along with macrosomia (getting stuck, nerve damage to baby, risk of me breaking my pelvis etc) So that whole week I was so sad and nervous, I wanted to do what was right for my baby, and i didnt want to risk hurting her. So Friday came and I still had no change. . .and he thought the baby weighed 11 pounds. So I gave in and agreed to have a C/S that Monday as long as I did not go into labor over the weekend. . .i prayed to go into labor but of course didnt and had my C/S that Monday. I gave birth to a happy and healthy 9 lb 10 ounce baby girl. I was mad that she was smaller than he thought, because I know I could have given birth to her vaginally. . .the 11 pound guess was what pushed me over the edge. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, in fact I joke about how easy it was, but I cant help but feel cheated. The thought of a VBAC scares me (because of abruption) but to think that I will never experience labor or vaginal childbirth really upsets me. Anyway thats my story and I think I belong here. . .

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7XSZrJ/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

</div>
July 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
Hi twin!!! You do belong here. Welcome!

July 24th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
Of course you belong here! Welcome!! Im Cheala, mommy to Morgan, who is 2, and girlfriend to chris. Please feel free to talk with us and jump right in.

Im so sorry you feel the way now, I can understand how you would feel almost cheated, when the baby was smaller then they said!

Congrats though on having a beautiful baby girl, and i look forward to talking more with you!
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
July 24th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
You totally belong here! And welcome!!! I kind of understand your disappointment. I had a friend who delivered an 11 pound baby vaginally with medication and I couldn't even deliver a 7 pound 8.4 oz baby. (That was Edward, my first) After I had Edward, my doctor told me I was too small to deliver a 5 pound baby. Not quite the same, but I understand the disappointment. If you need to talk or vent about it, please feel free!!
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!
July 25th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!
There are alot of nice ladies here.Vent anytime you want to.This is a great place to come and vent and talk with others who have also had a hard time dealing with c-sections.(HUGS)

My name is Kim and I am 37.I had my first c-section on February 29,2008.I am still not "over" it but it does get better.
I felt so cheated,not to mention the excruciating pain afterwards for 2 weeks........

But I know it is what was best for me and my baby boy.

July 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I'm Michelle and I have one daughter. I had planned to have an all natural childbirth but she had other plans so I had to have an emergency c-section. It's been almost 16 months and it's a lot easier, but sometimes it's still hard to think about and I know I really want to have a vaginal birth experience in the future.

July 25th, 2008, 07:55 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
Do not let the fear of uterine rupture scare you out of VBAC. There is a great chance of a lot of other things happening than uterine rupture. That should not be a concern. The "risk" is built up SO MUCH more than it should be. Stay away from Pitocin and other labor inducing meds and the risk of rupture is virtually eliminated. Do some reasearch and if you want to VBAC, find a good doctor that is supportive. (or better yet, find a midwife). Good luck to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search