Does this look infected? (pics be warned) **Updated**

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
SO I went and seen my Dr yesterday. She said I had a yeast infection and possibly the start of another infection. I know I have only been on my meds for a day, but today there seems to be some pinkish coloring on the pads there was not before. I can not see the incision only my husband can. I had him take these for me.

Here are pics from the last couple of days. Still does not look great to me, but it doesnt hurt EXCEPT above the incision where the stomach hangs.

Thank you Claire1979!

Last edited by lil duckies mama; December 28th, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
December 24th, 2009, 02:48 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
It looks similar to how mine did for a while, I also had yellow gunk down there and it stunk horridly but my OB said mine was fine(recently found out that it may not have been). If you just started meds I'd give them a day or two to kick in and if in a few days its still having issues I'd go back.

December 24th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, not really It looks fine for 1 week old.....

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

December 24th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did your doctor give you antibiotics just incase?

I suggest you wear a thin layer of gauze there to help keep it dry, and it will help the area not get irritated. Make sure you let it air out a couple times a day.

December 24th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Yes the Dr put me on Diflucan and Keflex? and has me using vaginal for topical on the area. She has be using pantyliners to replace the gauze. As for letting it air out, due to the location and me being overweight it is not airing out which is why it got infected. But I am just wondering if it is worse then anticipated.

Thank you Claire1979!
December 24th, 2009, 07:19 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I don't know if this may help or not. When I had my c/s with my son, after showering I'd hold a warm (not hot) blow dryer down there to help it dry completely before I dressed. I did have the annoying skin flap thing from my belly bring stretched so sometimes it helped to lay down and blow dry it with the dryer on low and kinda feel where the incision was because obviously I couldn't see it.

I hope your infection it's better soon.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

December 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4baby View Post
Yes the Dr put me on Diflucan and Keflex? and has me using vaginal for topical on the area. She has be using pantyliners to replace the gauze. As for letting it air out, due to the location and me being overweight it is not airing out which is why it got infected. But I am just wondering if it is worse then anticipated.
I'm overweight too. Just lay on your bed and hold your stomach up so it can air out for a few min once or twice a day. I really think gauze would be better because it can get more air(even if you're overweight) than a pantyliner. My doctor said because of my weight I should have reduced activity for the first few weeks so it doesn't get infected or open up.

December 25th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I do use a blow dryer on it a few times a day. If I dont then it seems to never dry out. I tried using the gauze last night and today and it got stuck. That did not feel so good. I am going to have my DH take pictures of it again over this weekend and see how it looks.

Thank you Claire1979!
December 25th, 2009, 09:02 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Last year after my C-section, my incision looked the same way and it was oozing "stuff", so I ended up going to the ER (it was a Saturday) to find out if it was infected. I put gauze on it prior to going to the ER and this is what the attending physician told me to do.

Take off any gauze / bandages. He said it only promotes moisture on the incision. He also said when showering, wash that area with only Ivory bar soap (no scented soaps, no shower gels, only Ivory). Finally, he said to pat it dry and apply an anti-fungal powder on it (the same kind of powder used for jock itch, athlete's foot, etc.).

So this is what I've been doing since I had my staples taken out after this pregnancy's C-section and it's healed (and stayed dry!) like a charm. Give it a try and see if this works for you. Good luck!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
December 25th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry to hear it got stuck. That never happened to me. The gauze I used was very thin, and had no plastic in it(I think some brands of gauze do). Air could easily flow through it, but it was enough to keep my belly from irritating it.

December 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I am sorry you're having problems with it! I too am overweight, and never really actually looked at my scar... I did get a mild infection after 2 weeks, nd I think my m/w gave me some cream for it...

December 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I updated with pics from the last few days. The ones with the leaking were from the end of last week. The others were from over the weekend.

Thank you Claire1979!
December 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
It does look like it might be infected where the yellow is. I hope the meds help quickly.

February 13th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessdmommy View Post
I don't know if this may help or not. When I had my c/s with my son, after showering I'd hold a warm (not hot) blow dryer down there to help it dry completely before I dressed. I did have the annoying skin flap thing from my belly bring stretched so sometimes it helped to lay down and blow dry it with the dryer on low and kinda feel where the incision was because obviously I couldn't see it.

I hope your infection it's better soon.
Yes! Definitely blow dry the area a couple of times a day and especially right after you shower! This helped me a lot!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search