BTDT Mamas - what pain medication were you given post-c/s?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Just wondering what pain medication everyone was given, post c/s??? If you've had two+ c/s & were given different meds, which did you prefer? why?

I was put on a morphine pump immediately after my c/s & was on it for about 11 hours, but then it started making me nauseous. I don't know what they put me on after that though. i am hoping they can give me something other than morphine this time - something that will allow me to feel a bit more with it, because I really don't remember a lot of the first 24 hours post c/s, and I want to remember more, this time

March 22nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
duramorph or whatever.

March 22nd, 2010, 06:04 PM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
I was on morphine pump with my first. I didn't really help anything. With my second I had duramorph. That was fun. I hope to have it again this time.

March 22nd, 2010, 06:17 PM
Courtney_79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Courtney_79
Motrin and Vicodin
March 22nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
-Jen-'s Avatar Veteran
With my 1st I had the morphine pump...I agree didn't feel like it did much except knock me out most of the time lol...with my last 2 I had the duramorph with just some strong painkillers after that wore off...not sure what they were tho....but it was nice being awake a bit more to hold my baby more

March 23rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I had morphine during the procedure, then it was switched to percocet and an anti-inflammatory similar to advil. I wasn't too out of it by that point (the crap they gave me in labor knocked me out!) but whatever it was gave me crazy vivid dreams.

March 23rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
wait..duramorph is it a painkiller or is it the spinal?
I didn't have anything post surgery. They brought me some tylenol 3 and extra strength tylenol/motrin but I never took it.

March 23rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Regular
wow ive never been put on a morphine nothing!.. theyve always just given me vicodin (which does almost nothing but maybe just take a tiny bit of the edge off while im still dying in pain).. then they say "we cant give you another dose until 4 more hours" and im like what! whats worst and scary is that for this pregnancy i have a new doctor which from what ive been hearing from the nurses is a "motrin" doctor! i dont want motrin what the hell, i really do hope they are just saying that because they think im going to deliver vaginally.. motrin after a c-section? no way!
March 23rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
-Jen-'s Avatar Veteran
Duramorph is the spinal they give you but it has morphine in it...from what I understand what they told me is it's like it has 2 parts ..once the numbness wears off it's a bit later that the morphine starts to kick in... I'd had that but didn't realize the name of it til I joined this board lol...not sure on the pain killers they were giving me tho..one was a 4hr one I think..the smaller one tylenol or something like that..

Just Motrin? wow..yeah I hope it is becuz like you said...I'd def. be having some words with my dr lol if you feel you're in too much pain and need something a lil stronger..

March 23rd, 2010, 08:49 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember what I had during or directly after, but I was sent home with Percocet...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

March 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM
i had percocet and ibuprofen after the c-section and i was sent home with some as well. I dont know what i had during the c-section but i fell asleep for a little while and had a dream about my brother in-laws dog (random lol) as soon as they moved me from the table to my bed i was awake!
March 25th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Pethidine shots as I am allergic to morphine. I know there was more but IDK what that whole week is one massive fuzz...

My Ovulation Chart

TTC our first together
March 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure what they gave me right after but they sent me home with Tylenol 3. I didn't use them much.
March 27th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Karlie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After the surgery they just had me on Nurofen Plus.

March 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I had the duramorph which is prety good stuff. And I was glad to have it because the spinal wore off before they were done if you getmy drift... I also recieved something in my IV at that time that pretty much made me really loopy so I would care or remember too much, but thats all they could do for me. Once the duramorph wore off I recieved oxycodon every 4 hours and a ton of ibuprofin every 6 hours. It was sufficient.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

March 28th, 2010, 12:06 AM
AmandaR
I was one a morphine pump and Motrin for DD.

Vicodin for DS.

I preferred neither. The Vicodin was H E L L to come off of and the morphine made me SO itchy. Seriously...I am having only Motrin next time.
March 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM
*Stephanie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Stephanie*
Percocet (sp?) and motrin is what I was given.

March 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
no idea.. but I felt real woozy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search