Did your Mum have a c/s?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Did your Mum have any cesareans???
What about other family members?

my Mum had both of us via c/s, but both were after a trial of labour
as for other members, one of my Aunties had a c/s (and a VBAC), and my sister had my nephew via emergency c/s....

March 23rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my mother was supposed to have a c-section but her doctor was away and the on call didn't want to do it.

so she ended up with a broken tail bone, ruptured uterus, internal tears and some kind of really bad infection. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks and wasn't allowed to see me for a few days while the infection cleared
Needless to say she was never able to get pregnant again due to the damage to her uterus so I'm an only child.

March 23rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
Super Mommy
My mom had both my brothers via c-sec (the first one was an emerg) and then with me she had a VBA2C.

Not sure about the rest of the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.e.a.t.h.e.r View Post
my mother was supposed to have a c-section but her doctor was away and the on call didn't want to do it.

so she ended up with a broken tail bone, ruptured uterus, internal tears and some kind of really bad infection. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks and wasn't allowed to see me for a few days while the infection cleared
Needless to say she was never able to get pregnant again due to the damage to her uterus so I'm an only child.
Wow! Thats insane! I couldn't even imagine.
March 23rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
-Jen-'s Avatar Veteran
My mom had me, my sis & lil bro all naturally...my sis had her 3 naturally...but I guess one of us had to be different lol

March 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom had c-sections with all three of us.

March 24th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.e.a.t.h.e.r View Post

Oh, that is so mean and unfair. I feel bad your mom had to go through that. I am sure it was traumatizing for her.

My mom didn't have a C-section. She was very surprised that I have to have one, even though she knows that I had uterine surgery last year. She is very worried. Things like uterine rupture sound very dangerous to her and she says, she gets sick to her stomach when she thinks about it. Mom's never stop worrying!
March 24th, 2010, 08:54 AM
MrsLMB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom had 3 babies vaginally, my 2 younger sisters each had their only baby vaginally. As far as I know, I am the only one in our family that has had a c/s. My mother is convinced that if I had a different nurse that would have made me get up and walk during labor that I would have had DS vaginally. I dont know about that but things are the way they are and everyone is healthy.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for the pretty siggy!
www.leannebraniff.com
March 24th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom had my two brothers and I via c-section. The first was after laboring for a long time with my brother and then she couldn't get him out... the rest were repeats.

Thanks to Chelsea/GraysMama for EVERYTHING in my siggy!!!
March 25th, 2010, 03:04 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Nope My aunt had a c-section with her twins.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 25th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
Oh, that is so mean and unfair. I feel bad your mom had to go through that. I am sure it was traumatizing for her.

My mom didn't have a C-section. She was very surprised that I have to have one, even though she knows that I had uterine surgery last year. She is very worried. Things like uterine rupture sound very dangerous to her and she says, she gets sick to her stomach when she thinks about it. Mom's never stop worrying!
you're right they don't.
I don't know if I could watch either of my girls have babies. I don't want to see either of my babies in pain like that.

btw that doctor lost his right to practice maternity.

March 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom had pre eclamsia with me and was given an emergency C section and my daughter's birth was almost exactly the same. She was never able to really dilate either so, she had all three of us via C section.
March 25th, 2010, 06:05 PM
ProudMomof2Boys416's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ProudMomof2Boys416 Send a message via Yahoo to ProudMomof2Boys416
No. She delivered both me and my younger brother vaginally.

Aiden John
January 4, 2007
12:05pm
8lbs 11oz 21.25 Inches
Caleb Michael
February 16, 2009
10:31am
9lbs 5oz 21 Inches

March 25th, 2010, 07:29 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, my mom had me vaginally. She didn't even know she was pregnant until her 6th month. She was super little too. She told me she pushed only a few times and I came right out! I was 6lbs. How did I end up with a 9 pounder?? lol
March 25th, 2010, 11:32 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
My mom had 3 kids, though none of us were through a c-section. She was supposed to have one with my brother because he was breech, but on the day of her c-section, they found out that he had flipped and they went ahead and induced labor.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

March 26th, 2010, 12:39 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
I'm an only child, and my mom had a c-section. I don't believe anyone else in my family has had one besides my mom and me.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

March 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mother had both of us with natural births. My sister had 2 c-sections. Although, she wanted a vbac for the 2nd, it didn't work out.

March 28th, 2010, 07:54 AM
*Stephanie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Stephanie*
Yeah my mom was in labor with me for 36.5 hours. I was becoming distressed so they finally did a emergency c-section on her. My aunts first pregnancy ended up with a emergency c-section because his head got stuck, and her pregnancy after that was a planned c-section. Hmmm...I'm not sure about anybody else.

March 29th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mother had four natural births with no pain relief... not sure about anyone else in the family!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 29th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Regular
all of us where born via c section as well.
March 29th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
nope.. my aunt did and my cousin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search