How do I know if my incision is infected?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2010, 03:37 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This probably seems like a no brainer but I really have no idea. The left side on the incision is much more sore than the rest of it. It doesn't look open and I don't see anything oozing or any foul odor but I am wearing my granny underwear really high up and I can see the faintest yellow spot on the underwear where it hits that side of the incision. When I had my staples removed, my dr did say something like " oh that will heal", when he was taking them out of the left side. I'm assuming it's ok but I just want to be sure. I am so scared of an infection. I have been doing waaaay too much moving around but DH is back at work and I have no choice but to take care of my 4 year old and baby. We have stairs in the house and I am constantly going up and down it seems even though I try to stay downstairs. Is the yellow a sign of infection?? TIA
June 8th, 2010, 04:44 PM
aussie_mama22's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via AIM to aussie_mama22
As you know, my incision was infected. It wasnt very painful, but it leaked allot of fluid so that was the first tip off. Mine also wasnt smelly, but it would have been if we left it, we caught it in the early stages.

Im not much help unfortunately, as with all the stuff I went through Im not sure what a normal incision should look like.

Thankyou *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 8th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
If you are worried it may be infected, it is probably a good idea to get it checked out. It sounds pretty normal to me, but if it IS infected, the sooner it gets treated, the better

June 9th, 2010, 12:52 AM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
Better to be safe than sorry .... you should probably call your doc!

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search