Pregnancy after C-Section, Close Together

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2010, 05:25 PM
LoveAlex's Avatar Regular
Can you share your experiences or your doctors advice regarding pregnancy after c-section, specifically within a year?

I would really like to conceive again in the next few months (LO is almost 8 months), but I'm afraid it's too soon because of the c-section? My insurance doesn't cover non-preggo OB visits right now, so I'm fishing around to see what your OB has said .

At my 6 wk pp, the OB said the standard advise is to wait two years, but now we really don't want to. We always wanted two babies close together. I'm also 33 and would really like to give birth before I'm 35, plus it just feels right now (or soon). But I Googled it, and got yucky stuff about uterine ruptures, terrifying

August 22nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
this is a questions we get a lot here I think the GENERAL consensus, is that it's ideal to wait 12+ months before getting pregnant again, but to give yourself at least 6 months after your first cesarean.

August 22nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
I didn't wait but then again I never listen to anyone! LOL

All my kids came by c-section and they are 14, 13, 11, 10, 8, and not here yet.

Babies #3 and #4 were born in the same month, conceived the same month, but born a year apart. So.... yea I waited 3 months.. I think. Baby #2 was conceived 2 months before #1's first birthday!

You have to sit and talk with your DH about it and how strongly you want another child so soon. Weigh the risks and go from there.

August 23rd, 2010, 06:46 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry lurking....

I got pg with my 2nd when DS was 6 months old. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly and was a bit nervous about rupture etc (I had an emergency c-section). My doctor / midwife do not seem concerned at all about the short amount of time between births. Had I decided to have a VBAC, my OB told me the risk of rupture goes up to about 2% instead of 1% during delivery and that was a concern for me- I decided to go for the repeat c-section. Hope this helps!
August 23rd, 2010, 09:14 AM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
My closest pregnacies were 10 months apart. No complications, but I agree that you and your spouse should weigh the risks, and speak with your doctor as well. Good luck!

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

August 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
I became pregnant 6 months after my 2nd c/s. My doc told me to wait at least 3 months before trying. At my 6 wk check-up after my 3rd c/s, my doc gave me the go head to try whenever.

August 26th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had my C-section this month. I asked when I can conceive, I also don't want to wait too long. My Dr said wait one year. So I am counting down. LOL.
August 26th, 2010, 07:08 PM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB said one year after my first (they are 21 months apart) and one year after my 2nd. I am also counting down the days. : ) But, I had a miscarriage 3 months ago. When I found out I was pregnant I was concerned so I researched and found that the risk of UR is really not that much higher when they are close together if you had a normal low transverse incision. Still, I have read (like you) scary stories of pregnancy ruptures, so it is, of course; possible. I say what everyone else said, sit down with hubby and decide together how you feel. Good luck and I hope you conceive when you are ready and have a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby! : )

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.
August 27th, 2010, 01:13 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
My OB said minimum of 12 months between pregnancies. I was counting down until we could try for number 2 but at my annual exam in July she said we could start trying at 9 months because everything was as healed as it is going to get!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search