When to expect your period after a C-Section?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM
jacqueline80's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi there, I have never posted in this forum before - hope you don't mind me jumping in with a question...

I gave birth to my daughter Chloe via C-Section (not planned) on 10/26/10 (20 weeks ago) and bled for approx. 6 weeks. I have not had a period yet and am starting to wonder when I should be expecting to get my first period? I understand that all women are different but how long should I wait it out before I take a pregancy test and/or see a doctor?

Thanks,
~J
March 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you breastfeeding? That can delay your period for a long time
March 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
If you're exclusively breastfeeding it could take over a year (I believe??)... With DD1 my period arrived after 28 days & DD2 it was about 42 days

ETA: if your'e concerned I'd do a pregnancy test just to make sure that's not the reason for no AF!

March 18th, 2011, 06:27 AM
jacqueline80's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for the quick replies.... I EBF for the first 6 weeks, then suplemented with one bottle a day for a few weeks. By January she was nursing only once or twice a day and I stopped nursing all together by the end of January when my milk completely dried up... So I have not been breastfeeding at all for the past ~6 weeks... I think I will wait it out until the end of this month and if AF still doesn't show, I'll take a pregnancy test.... Thanks, ladies
March 18th, 2011, 09:33 AM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD was born September 9. I had been EBF until solids were introduced three weeks ago. We're still going strong with a combination of nursing and solids.

I have no signs of AF, although there has been some minor cramping on occassion. I don't miss it - I only dread that she will reappear at the most inopportune moment.

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search