Hello Ladies!!

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Regular
Hello!! I am intersted in getting some more advice on a c-section. I have never had a c-section but I have had 6 kids vaginally.I am very nervous. Please any advice or tips to help me recoer or anything I need to do before? Thanks!!
March 25th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I found out I was going to have a c-section about a month before it happened so that gave me some time to do research online about how long a typical recovery would be and normal restrictions. So I'd recommend doing that.

Here is a website I thought was a good resource: C-Section Recovery: practical tips for cesarean section recovery. The Mayo Clinic pregnancy book I had also had a really good chapter on c-sections.

I tried to follow the tips on recovery pretty closely. So I only used the stairs twice a day (once down in the morning and once up at night) for the first week and then after that took it really slowly. I didn't carry anything heavier than my baby for 3-4 weeks. I waited 4 weeks to drive. I would recommend purchasing a post-partum support belt something like this: Amazon.com: PostPartum Support Belt - Maternity: Clothing

It's important to brace your incision when you're getting up out of bed and when you laugh or sneeze for the first week or two. I also found it helpful to sleep with a body pillow against my incision at night for additional support.

If you're interested at all in reading about a fairly typical scheduled c-section procedure, I posted a birth story here: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...17-2010-a.html (Thomas James Jr. Birth Story - Nov. 17, 2010)

I really felt like knowing what the procedure was going to be like before I went in made me much less nervous.

Good luck to you!!!

March 25th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the board! I'm Emma (27), Mummy to Gaby (4.5) & Emersyn (9mo).

Is there anything specific you'd like information on? Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want to!

March 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Regular
Thanks Ladies!! I would like any advice you all could give me. Is there anything I should do before to prepare my body for it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search