New Here

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2011, 06:51 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello, my name is Gwen and I'm expecting #2 in Dec! With DD I ended up having an emergency c section becuase my placenta was tearing away from the wall, I was losing a lot of blood and her heart rate was dropping dangerously low. So needless to say that was quite traumatic. I will be opting for a repeat c section which I'm fine with, but was wondering if this time will be completely different? I assume so since it will be scheduled and more controlled and not rushed, but should I expect anything different? Like last time I couldn't get out of the bed for the first 24 hours...will that be the same for this one?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

May 31st, 2011, 02:55 AM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congratulations!

I had an emergency c/s with my first as well. I also elected to have a repeat c/s so that I could have a tubal done after the birth.

Let me tell you....easy, easy, easy! I really didn't have a bad experience with my first, but with the 2nd...wow. I never even needed the pain killers and survived on the Motrin that was prescribed. Don't get me wrong...I had some uncomfortable moments...but nothing that the Motrin couldn't handle. I was up walking around as soon as the spinal wore off. The whole procedure was very relaxed and enjoyable. The only thing that "bothered" me this time is the tugging. Although it didn't hurt....I just didn't remember it with the first c/s. Probably because I was so exhausted, drugged and in an hurry to get the baby out.

My recovery was super easy. I also made a point to get up and walk around as much as possible...which really helps. I was even discharged from the hospital on day 2. I was 100% and walking 2 miles a day at the start of week 2 PP.

Good luck!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

June 1st, 2011, 11:37 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH WOW that is super encouraging!!! I will pray that happens to me too!!! WOW day 2...I thought they always made you stay 4 days in the hospital with a c section. I did the same thing as soon as they would let me walk with DD. I was up pacing the halls as much as I could! I was determined!!! This makes me feel so much better! Thank you so much!!!

Speaking of the tubal...I am considering that as well. If you don't mind me asking why did you chose to do that vs a vasectomy for DH? And have you had any complications from the tubal like with your cycle or anything?

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

June 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! I had my first child last November by scheduled c-section because the stubborn little guy was breech. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but my experience was a good one. I found that I knew exactly what to expect and the pain afterwards was pretty manageable. I stayed in bed until the evening (Had my c/s at 8:30 a.m.) just to stand up for a couple of minutes. The spinal block worked very well. I had some tingling and itching for a few hours afterwards.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search