An incredible experience....

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Veteran
As someone who was 100% set on doing hypnobabies/natural birthing, I thought my story may put others more at ease if they were in a similar situation.....

I gave birth to our darling baby boy last Tuesday via csection. Monday morning DH and I went in for a non-stress test and ended up being kept for observation due to my increasingly high blood pressure. After being hooked up to a magnesium sulfate IV (yucky stuff!).... blood pressure cuff... fetal monitors.... etc etc from noon Monday to midnight, DH and I started to question what would be the best route to go in terms of birthing plans.

The mag sulfate knocked me so far into la la land, I knew I would not be able to safely and effectively concentrate enough for hypnobabies paired with no sleep. At this point I just really wanted to talk with my doc about his recommendations. Around 3am he came in from the OR and said we could go one of two ways: induce with pitocin but need to concurrently run lots of bp lowering meds or go with a csection. I asked how safe the induction would be for the baby and the likelihood of it being successful. The answer was what I had begun to suspect: we could try but most likely would have an emergency csec due to blood pressure issues. DH and I opted to for a more scheduled approach and agreed to a c section at noon Tuesday.

I was terrifed of surgery but had an amazing team of docs, nurses and staff the entire way through. I still don't know who but someone had me in a big bear hug while I got the spinal and my doc talked us through the whole thing. As soon as I was set and ready, DH could come in and I held his hand while they began. All my fears and worries were forgotten as soon as I heard the perfect little cry of our baby. The first night was pretty ouchy in terms of recovery but I got up and out of bed first thing the next morning and that helped tremendously! A healthy baby boy was the result of our choice and I would not have done it any other way retrospectively!
June 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
It is so refreshing to hear stories like this. I had three sections. All were unplanned. The last two were definitely emergency. Even with the crazy stuff going on in my last two, I don't regret the c/s experience at all.

June 19th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a similar story and I never regretted the C section because I was in danger and so was my daughter(pre e caused emergency C section). I too was terrified and even more so with my baby boy I just recently delivered. I still never regretted having the surgery because there wasn't much choice and I did what was necessary.

Glad you had a safe and mostly happy delivery!
June 19th, 2011, 09:11 PM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad your experience was pleasant. I think so many time we are often 'clouded' by the bad experiences. I had an emergency c/s with my first, and had such a great experience....emergency and all, that I opted for a repeat with our 2nd daughter.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy! Enjoy him!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

June 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! So glad you had a great experience!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search