Positive Experience

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Ashl3y
I know that before I had my c-section I was terrified, as most probably are. I went around looking for positive stories and I found some but not as many as I would have liked to see. It's for that reason that I am posting my story. I had a fantastic experience, so I want to post it so if anyone else just found out they are needing to have a c-section, they can read it and hopefully it can ease some fears!

I had my c-section on May 16th. It was planned. My baby was breech. My two biggest fears were the spinal and the recovery, especially the first day to day and a half following surgery. The spinal was a piece of cake! They had me sit on a table and lean forward. One of the nurses was holding me very tight, almost hugging me. I remember being told that I was about to feel a "big pinch" as she put in the needle to freeze the area. Coming from someone who hates getting blood work taken, I can tell you I did not even feel the needle. When she put the spinal needle in, at first I didn't feel a thing either. Once she got in far I could feel something, but no pain. It wasn't even uncomfortable. I could just feel it. Then she took it out, and they told me to lay down. I do remember I was shocked at how fast it worked. It is the weirdest feeling I have ever felt. It just feels like warmness pouring down your body, and before you know it, you're numb. Shortly after I laid down I felt extremely nauseous. I started to dry heave, but it was so, so weird because you can't feel your belly or anything else. I guess the anestesiologist saw because she put anti-nausea meds in my IV (I didn't find this out until later) and I felt MUCH better almost right away. Then they started doing the tests to make sure that I couldn't feel anything. They used an ice cube at first, they put it on my cheek so I could feel that it was cold, then ran it all over my body and told me to tell them where it felt cold. Then they double checked by using something (not sure what, my boyfriend just said "something") to poke me and see if I could feel it. I felt nothing. So then began the surgery. I was told to expect a lot of pulling and tugging, but I felt nothing - honestly. My boyfriend told me to tell him when they started because he wanted to be able to cut the cord and get pictures so I was trying to feel something so that I could tell him, and I didn't know they had started until I heard my baby cry! Luckily he was able to jump up and get a picture really fast. They took my baby over to clean her up and what not, and it took about half hour (give or take a bit) to close me back up, and then off to recovery. I read that your recovery will be better if you get up and walk around soon so I kept asking the nurses to let me up, but they wouldn't. Finally around 2 or 3 (my surgery was at 8), two nurses came in to help me get up. This scared me because the people that I asked all said that the first time you stand up feels like your insides are falling out. Not so for me. My legs still felt a little wobbly, but that's it. There was absolutely no pain, and no discomfort. I didn't go for a walk, just stood up and marched on the spot like they told me to. Around 9pm is when I went for my first walk. Again, no pain or discomfort. In the hospital they gave me Tylenol 3s, and that was enough. Throughout my hospital stay, I had 3 times (all three were when I was standing up from being on the toilet) where I felt a sharp pain, but it only lasted about two minutes. When I felt that, I just laid down and it went right away. Other than that total of about 6 minutes, I had NO pain whatsoever. If I knew my experience was going to be how it was, I wouldn't worry at all. I'd do it all over in a heartbeat. After the experience I had, I would absolutely go for another c-section with my next baby, no questions asked. So try to relax, and just enjoy the whole experience. It goes by quickly!
June 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy to hear your story. I too...had a positive experience, BOTH TIMES! It's good to see these stories. I had two amazing deliveries and recoveries. I would do it again...but I had a tubal done after my last.

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

June 25th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! Nice to read a positive story. I also had a positive c/s delivery.

August 22nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Glad to hear that yours was positive! Congrats!
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search