4th c-section?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2011, 05:22 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had 3 cesareans and really want a fourth child. My oldest is almost 9 and my youngest is 15 months. I have not fully convinced DH to try for a fourth but I am working on it.
I had complications with my first delivery but my other two were a breeze.
I would love opinions on how long I should wait for number four and if you all feel it is safe to have a fourth cesarean.

Thanks.

July 4th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Super Mommy
i would love to know the answer to this too so im bumping it

July 7th, 2011, 07:55 PM
My sister will be having her 4th in late December. So it's possible. This one will be about 26 months apart from her last. But I would talk to my doctor.
July 8th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My OB told me it depends on each individual woman. I asked the OB that did my last c-section if I could have another and she said everything looked great and she didn't see why not. Now if I have a third and they see a lot of scarring or other problems then I could get a different answer next time.

I have always heard to wait 12 months or more to get pg after a c-section. I only waited 10 but if we go for a third I will wait 18-24 months I think.
July 12th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Veteran
I am having my 5th c-section at the end of October. My first two were 18 months apart-the closet. My doctor says that it depends on the woman, and how quickly she recovers from surgery and is up and about. I have had 2 stillbirths before 18 weeks (after 4 c-sections) in which I was allowed to deliver vaginally and my doctor more concerned about those. He said that he would have preferred to do c-sections for them, to eliminate the possibility of rupturing my uterus, but even those turned out fine.

July 15th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
I am going for #4. I was told no more by 2 Dr.'s. The first one told me that they do not do more than 2 csections due to risk to the mother. Hahaha To bad I knew someone who did 8! Although she now has grandkids.... The last OB said not to have another because the more you have, the harder time they have because the scar tissue is hard to cut through.

Anyway, here I am on #4 and will go for #5 if I can.

Mine C sections are/will be 14 months apart, 13 months apart and then 26 months apart(between last baby and the one I am pregnant with now).

Every OB is different. I think they like you to wait 2 years though.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
July 16th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I will be having my 5th c-section in October, its been 7 years since I had a c-section. My four other c-sections were all within 4 years, I had no complications and even had a tubal reversal last year and the RE said everything looked great in there and I had very little scar tissue. It just depends on the woman.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
July 18th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a cousin who had 7 c-sections, but she had to have a mesh thing put in her uterus after number 5 and she also had a lot of other medical issues that messed with her recovery.

Her last 4 were 1 year apart, all c-sections.

She also had a lot of scar tissue, so had incisions both ways.

So it can be done, just depends on mom's health and your doctor.

July 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
I am having my 4th in late sept/ early october, it has been 6 years since my last one.

my blog
August 10th, 2011, 02:31 PM
i just had my 4th. The dr said i had a lot of scar tissue & should be "family complete" due to it but im finding conflicting info on scar tissue being a reason to not have anymore. my kids were each 4yrs apart. Im going in for my post baby appt tomorrow & plan to discuss this topic more indepth
August 14th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm having my 4th and last next month (last because we feel complete, but the doctor said my uterus would be fine for more). I'd talk to your doctor because like everyone said - people are different. The risks are serious enough that I personally wouldn't go against my doc's opinion since they are the one in there and see how your body in handling the repeat c-sections.

My mom is a nurse and had 3 c/s in the old 3 and done days and she kept asking over and over if I talked to my doctor first. Some old school doctors probably share her opinion so that could affect their answer...

dd Oct 2006, dd Nov 2007, dd June, 2010, and
DS due Sept 6th, 2011 YAY!!

August 15th, 2011, 10:35 AM
just an update, I talked to my dr. She said that I could have another if I really wanted but due to scar tissue, the delivery will be harder. She said its not life threatening, uterus looks good. Its just that scar tissue can cause damage to the bladder and is very hard to cut through
August 31st, 2011, 01:07 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be having my 4th c/s in March. During my 3rd, the OB said he'd remove all of my old scar tissue so it would appear that I've only had one c/s.

My two were 12 months apart...then 3 years later...and now this one...will be 3 years from the previous. I've never had a doctor mention anything to me about my c/s....other then stating that my uterus looked "thin" in some spots during my last delivery (I have BIG 10lb+ babies).

This will be my last baby.
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
Lilah Mae Grace scheduled c/s 09.28.16 (Oct 19th)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search