Scar Tissue?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Super Mommy
I have seen so many stories of women having more than one c-sect but was watching A Baby Story the other day and it freaked me out. This lady had so much scar tissue it created problems and they told her she should not have any more c-sections. What are the chances? Or has anyone else heard of this? I want as many kids as I can have but this makes me nervous.

July 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard of people having problems with scar tissue but not to the extent that they shouldn't have any more c/s. I'm not sure how common it is to have scar tissue that extreme. If it makes you super nervous I would ask your dr what he/she thinks next time you go in for a visit what the chances are for that to happen.

July 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some women do get lots of scar tissue and it can go up and out. I don't think it's really a norm though. With my son, it took them longer and my Dr. was literally on my chest trying to pull the baby out. I was in so much shock at how hard he was yanking and him saying "you have a lot of scar tissue"!
July 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Veteran
My doctor literally asked during my 4th c-section if I was sure that I had 3 previous ones. I was told from my first surgeon to rub at the scar when once I was completely healed to help break up the scar tissue and to help sensation return to the area.

My SIL had a very difficult c-section with her first and they were able to remove a lot of the scar tissue during her second. I have never heard of anyone not being able to have another c-section because of scar tissue though-doesn't mean it could not happen.

July 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
My DR told me about rubbing my scar to beark up scar tissue too. I've never heard of someone having so much scar tissue that they couldn't have anymore. I know it used to be the norm for a women to only be allowed 3 c/s but that was years ago. But every woman is different.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

August 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
ive heard scar tissue is bad after like the fourth or fifth one...
August 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
One of the nurses (a friend of mine) in my c section was telling me my doctor put this clear thing in to prevent scar tissue; she wasn't sure what it was but I'm going to ask at my 6 week visit. I know that it took longer to get DS out with the csection than it did with DD, but DD was an emergency.

\
August 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM
i joined this for this very topic. I was told 2wks ago that i had a lot of scar tissue. my dr casually said i should be "family complete". it concerned me bc she was so casual that im not sure if we need to make a perm fix or what? ive never heard that scar tissue was a big deal. ive always just heard that its the thickness of your uterus....
August 15th, 2011, 10:41 AM
just an update....I talked with my Dr and was told that Scar Tissue is not life threatening if you become pregnant again. If your uterus looks good (mine did) than you can get pg again. Its just that scar tissue can make it very hard to get the baby out and can cause problems with your bladder so its not the greatest thing to keep letting it build up. Hope that helps
September 10th, 2011, 08:45 PM
mticknor's Avatar Veteran
I think the thinning of the uterus may be a bigger problem than the scar tissue...but it does scare me too!
September 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had 3 c-sections and my doc told me last time that she would not tell me not have another. But, she did have a hard time delivering my youngest. She had to use forceps during the c-section to get him out. Everyone is different.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search