Question about upper abdominal pain and lumps a year post C

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2011, 07:03 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Hi ladies,
I have asked a few questions here and there on this board, but I will re-introduce myself My name is Kelly, and I had an emergency C in 2008 and a repeat C in 2010. With my first C, I had all the typical pains after for about 6 months and my abdomen went pretty much back to being the same, just a bit saggier. However, this time around, it has been very different. I have a bee sting type pain that comes and goes below where my bra goes around my torso, and it will literally take my breath away. I went to have an U/S and a CAT scan since my OB wanted to rule out an adhesion from tissue shifting upward and adhering as a result of the C section (even though it is nowhere near my incision down below). They were both normal, so I have no idea why I am getting this pain. It hurts to push in on it or if I lean on the changing table when I am diapering my daughter. Also, this is the weird part....I have these huge hard lumps where the pain is and also on the exact opposite side of my torso (but that side has no pain). It almost feels like the belly fat I had down in the lower part of my abdomen was shifted waayyy upward during the surgery and kind of pooled there in this fat 'shelf'. I know that sounds awful ,it is! I don't eat unhealthy and I am not overweight, so it seems like an awful lot of 'fat' to be in one place and it also seems very out of place. I just wondered if anyone else has had either the bee sting pain type thing OR the shift of fat (or something?!) upward that is markedly different from before the C section. I guess since the scan and U/S ruled out anything awful, it is just something I have to live with but it is painful, ugly and adds about 2 pants sizes to my stomach which really sucks
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

August 16th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kelly. Sorry to hear about your pain and the lumps.

Do you have any other symptoms that you may not think have anything to do w/ the lumps but are bothering you as well? Like do you get out of breath when you walk up a flight of stairs (just as an example)?

If you haven't done so already I suggest you see a general practitioner they will look at the whole picture. I don't mean to make you nervous or anything, but maybe they can do a physical w/ some bloodwork and see if they can find something that could point to where the lumps are coming from. It could just be something harmless. You said they are above your abdomen? I was thinking adhesions first and then I thought fibroids but it sounds like it could be unrelated to the C-section and uterus.

Sorry you have to deal w/ this.
August 16th, 2011, 11:51 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
I have a physical on 9/19 and I intend to ask her to do a bit more digging, since it just doesn't seem right to me. It is kind of in the area where your gallbladder would be, but that wouldn't explain the hard lumps, just the pain. I also get nauseated if I push on it and it will throb and ache all day usually in the area where the bee sting pain is. The hard lumps...I just have no idea what they are. I was worried about fibroids or tumors, but the scans showed nothing abnormal. When I lay down flat, the lumps are hard to feel. It is when I am standing I can grab ahold of them literally. I don't know, I was just hoping someone could tell me it was a result of the surgery or repositioning of organs post surgery or something
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

August 17th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I have no info on what else it could be. But I hope the Dr can figure out what causes the pain w/ a physical. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. KUP and hang in there.
November 7th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Hi there

I am 2 months post c-section from my twin girls and have the same thing. Is there any resolution, so I know what to expect?

Thanks

Jess
Mum to identical twins Phoebe and Amelia born 09/09/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search