My 3rd c-section - did not go so well :(

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my 3rd c-section last Thursday. My beautiful son Mason was born perfectly healthy at 8lbs 7oz. But my surgery experience was alittle rough.....
I asked for an Epidural this time because I got the spinal headache with the last c-section and did not want that again. Well, after doing the epidural twice they still could not get me completely numb. I had to have a local anestetic so I could not feel the cut and I still had enough feeling on my left side that I had sharp pains throughout the surgery. It was bareable though, and I did bare it because I really did not want to be put under.
My scar tissue had fused my bladder to my uterus and they had an extremely difficult time getting it unattached. The OB thought she damaged my bladder, but so far I have had no trouble there so everything seems to be fine, thank God. I also had an apparently dangerously thin uterus and the OB said I am lucky it did not rupture and that she would not suggest I have anymore children. Knowing this, I cannot take the risk of another pregnancy, and really, we where not sure we could afford another one - but I am still really sad to know that at only 28 years old I can not have another baby. DH is planning on getting a vasectomy. I am trying to focus on the three beautiful boys that I have and I realize how truly blessed I am because many people cannot have even one - but its still sad...
Anyone else had these canncomplications from cesareans? Anyone else been told they should not have anymore kids? How did you deal with it? I am trying to stay positive, but I always wanted 4 or 5 kids, so it bothers me - even if, as I said, I know I may not have been able to do that anyway...knowing I cannot is so sad.

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.
September 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
sallylou's Avatar Veteran
That sounds exactly like mine except when I wasn't numbing quick enough they tipped the table up to use gravity and I ended up numbing up to my arm pits which made me panic because it felt like I couldn't breath!! Horrid!
My uterus was squashing my bladder and had pushed it up the front (if you see what I mean) so the surgeon nearly nicked it when operating. Luckily she didn't but they were concerned about my bladder function and nearly 5 months on I've had no probs whatsoever so fingers crossed for you.

The thought of not having another child though has been playing on my mind alot these past few weeks. I know I can't but I loved being pregnant and it upsets me to think I never will be again. I do however have the two most gorgeous boys ever, slightly biased, so am counting my blessings!

September 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry it didn't go well. However I just wanted to offer this...just because you can't have anymore children dosen't mean that you can never be a mother again. It's expencive but lots of children need adopting/fostering and a lot of people have lots of luck with surrogates.

I know it may not seem like much now but it may someday. Someone told it to a friend of mine and I thought it was lovely and have always remembered it.

I really can't add anything else to the convo but I hope you feel better soon.

September 16th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I was told I may need to get a hysterectomy after my second son bc I can only deliver by csection bc my pelvic bone is so narrow... But I honestly feel you know what your body can handle. So now I have 3 boys nd am 4mos in to my 4th pregnancy. All delivered by c section. I do plan on stopping now bc I know my body can not take anymore now but if I would've listened to the Dr I would've had a hysterectomy very young. Y does it seen Drs give so much detail about the negative but just a few words about thepositive? Its up to you to take it whichever way but you know.what your body can handle. Nd yes it is good to know all facts so out all plays its part...
September 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. Its nice to know i am not alone and have someone to talk to
DH will get his vasectomy b/c to be honest I do not think I could take a risk of another pregnancy/c-section. But I will ask my ob anyway....just in case we ever change our minds and decide to get a reversal one day. And yes, adoption is something we may do if we can get financially able to. I would like a girl, and thats a good way to get one

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.
September 16th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Racheal 2010's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow i had my second c-section a week ago and it was rougher than with my DD. I too had a lot of scar tissue and one of my tubes had fused to the back side of my uterus or something along those lines the doc told me but I was fuzzy on pain meds. The spinal I had was hard too and it was a BAD experiance. I guessnI say I feel your pain. This is my last baby and I am releived i a sense becasue I don't want to go
through that again.

December 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Oh im sorry you had such a bad expirence, my doctor didnt say anything about not having any more children, but he did say i had bad bruising on my womb, so not sure how my third pregancy would go. hope you are felling better soon, and adoption is defiantly something to look into

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search