1st baby and she had to be born via c section. :(

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am totally bummed by this. I posted my birth story in the AUG playroom.
After 24 hours of labor, and pushing for 2 1/2 hours, the doc realized that Emma's head was not straight coming out. Therefore her bones would not compress for me to push her out. So went into OR and delivered her via c section. I was so upset.

I love my baby girl to death. I missed the opportunity to breast feed her though. I think we were seperated for too long. But she's here, we're healthy and happy.

I am still waiting for my period to pop up however. Unless I'm PG again. LOL
9 weeks and counting.....

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
October 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Welcome to the Board !

I am Donna, your Host. Congrats on your baby girl, I am very sorry that you are disappointed in her birth. I hope that you will stick around.

October 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Hi! I had to deliver my daughter via c/section because she was breech and wouldn't move. I had 2 failed spinals and ended up being knocked out with general Ana and didn't get to see my daughter for about 6ish hrs or at least remember most of it. If you ever need to talk just PM me

October 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
AWww thanks ladies.

OURSWEETLABS: I was not "disappointed" per say.... I was so upset that after pushing for so long, they finally told me it wasn't going to happen. I wanted to experience all the joys of vaginal birth. But it's okay. I have my baby girl, and I love her to death.

Now I wonder what my odds are of having a vaginal later... which we'll be TTC again in about 10 months. LOL

October 6th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! My name is Jessi. Congrats on your baby girl....your siggy is adorable! You're probably a good canidate for a VBAC, talk to your dr and see what he/she says.

October 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hi and thank you.

What makes you a good candidate?/?

October 7th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say (IMO) that because you were able to fully dialate and reach the pushing stage that you should be eligable for a VBAC. You said the reason you had the c/s was because she wasn't turned properly. It sounds like your body did what it needed to in order to have your baby a more natural route. But really I'm not a medical expert so don't take my word on it!!

October 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks. Well we were induced. so I didn't actually get to the fully dilated stage on my own. Does that make a difference?

October 23rd, 2011, 04:37 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
It's probably why she wasn't aligned properly. You're an excellent candidate for a VBAC bc your body did everything it was supposed to. Your c/s was the result of circumstances - not some insurmountable problem that will definitely happen again. If you avoid an induction next time and seek chiropractic care during your pregnancy (clinically proven to help with fetal positioning and alignment), you have great chances of delivering vaginally.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
October 23rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!! We sound similar. My water broke and they induced me when contractions didn't start. I was in labor for 27 hours and pushed for about 3 of those. The doctors don't know why, but she never came down...she was sunnyside. The whole thing was exhausting and a bit disappointing. It is crazy to me how the scariest thing in my life, brought me the most wonderful person.

There is a ton of information on vbac's on the vbac board.

October 24th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the group

I'm Emma, proud c/s Mama to two beautiful girls - Gaby (5 tomorrow) & Emersyn (16mo)

October 25th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks ladies.

I sure hope our next little one can come naturally.
Well hoping to start trying again within a year.

November 6th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Meticulosity's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
It's probably why she wasn't aligned properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
If you avoid an induction next time....
I ditto that. Not sure of your circumstances, but I would do everything I could to avoid induction. In prenatal classes they taught us that 50% of inductions lead to c-section. (Basically, your body isn't ready to labour, so more problems can occur.) But yes, in some circumstances induction may be the only way. I was 15 days late and still refused to get induced because I was so afraid of a c-section. (ironically I still ended up with one due to a uterine ring that trapped my son)

VBACs are becoming very common now, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it.

November 6th, 2011, 07:56 AM
True true. I only opt'd to get induced due to the doc the week before freaking us out about her heart rate. SAying it was too low and made us to to the hospital to get her monitored. So they suggested induction. Trust me I "wish" in some ways that we never did it. However I'm glad we did cause she is happy and healthy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search