We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am going to be having a c section due to complications from my Vaginal Birth with my DS.
I had fourth degree tears and an Episiotomy. I tore from the inside out and then had to be cut twice. I have damage to my perineum and rectal wall that prevent future vaginal births. I have had to meet with reconstructive surgeons and after I am done with children I will have to have vaginal/ pelvic reconstruction.
My Ob told me that a C section will be much easier on my body that DS's birth was.
With my son, his heart rate kept dropping dangerously and I was having trouble dilating, so they didn't think he could handle going through the amount of contractions that would be necessary for him to be born vaginally.
I was going to attempt a VBAC with this one, but I'm not dilated at all and considering I'm having contractions, just not dilating, my midwife doesn't think that I'll be able to give birth vaginally. My c-section is scheduled for Monday, the 24th.
Gaby - they tried for 2 days to induce me and I wouldn't even get to 1cm dilated.. I asked for a c/s & they booked me in for the Thursday morning... the Wednesday night my waters broke & there was a lot of meconium present, so I ended up having my c/s at 1am on the Thursday morning.
Emersyn - I opted for a c/s right from the start, I had anxiety issues which prevented me from even considering a VBAC, and I don't regret the decision, because it all went very smoothly, and was a really lovely experience... As it was, a c/s was recommended for me because my epilepsy had started playing up again (it was dormant with Gaby) - and they were afraid that if I tried a VBAC the stress of labour would give me a seizure