A question for you ladies.

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
I dont yet know if I am having a repeat c/s or going the vbac route but I want to get all my ducks in a row either way

So my question is, other than an epidural is there anything else they can give you for numbing for a c/s? I dont want to be put out, but I had a spinal migraine from the epidural for my son and it pretty much ruined the first four days of my time with him. So I'd like to avoid that happening again.

Any info is much appreciated

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

October 24th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think a spinal is the most common procedure for a cs. from what I understand its similiar to an epidural but works faster. I haven't done any real research on other numbing methods for a cs so I'm not sure exactly what your other options are.

You should ask your dr what your options are at your next appt.

October 24th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The most common thing for a c/s is a spinal but it's supposed to be worse for the spinal headache then the epi...I'd suggest talking to your Dr as I think the only options are epi, spinal, or general...maybe you could meet with the anasthesiologist and talk about your experience and see if there's anything they could do...and you could have a different experience this time around too, it may have been due to how your epi was placed. good luck!
October 24th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I think the 3 options are general, epidural and spinal - each will have its pros and cons, and I'm sure your ob would be more than happy to talk to you about them all! I personally had spinals with both of my girls, and I don't remember getting headaches with them..

October 25th, 2011, 06:58 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
I will definitely be bringing it up with my m/w at my next appt. I just wanted to know if there was some other form of pain management I should ask about. I think I'm going to be stuck with an epi if I go that route, but hopefully I will be able to have my fears relayed to the anasthesiologist and they will watch me closer for signs of the migraine. Thanks ladies

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

November 7th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had that with my second son. Tho it was a reg epi and a vag birth. The ani. Came in and talked to me. He said that the headache occurs when the needle is placed too far in? There is also a block they can do after if this occurs that can pretty much fix it, tho I don't remember exactly how they do that. So, from what I was told, its all about positioning. I didn't get the massive headache with my third birth at all, tho that ended in c section. So, it doesn't happen everytime. Just talk with your doctor.
November 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM
.Katie.
Is there anyway they can give you something for the headache in your IV? I know it's adding MORE drugs but it's worth being prepared for.

The morphine after your section didn't help with the headache?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search