How was your c/s closed up?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So apparently I was wrong about my dr using the glue. I had my appt today and just to double check asked exactly what she used (I was seeing the NP though and not my actual dr, I'll see her next time and plan to ask a lot more questions!). from all of my research (and I've done tons the last couple weeks!) the closure options for c/s are staples, disolvable stitches, or glue. My dr does the dissolvable stitches on the uterus but apparently for the skin closure, she uses a dissolvable CLIP that goes under the skin. My nurse practitioner said it will leave a ridge underneath the scar for about 12 weeks postpartum before it dissolves. I have NEVER heard of this and can't find anything about it online!! She said it's been used in other hospitals in AZ for a long while, but that the hospital I'm delivering at just started using it about 9 months ago. It just scares me sinc eI can't find a single thing about a clip closure online! Has anyone heard of this/experienced it? I see the actual dr next friday so I'm going to ask lots of questions about it but just wanted some input!
October 26th, 2011, 05:01 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Please share what you find out about it with us !

I am going to talk to my Dr about this next week.

October 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I *think* this must be what my dr is using now:

Incisive Surgical : INSORB Absorbable Stapler

I'll be asking for sure at my next week appt though! I feel better having found this though LOL
October 26th, 2011, 06:24 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
That is neat,

That reminds me I really need to remind my DR of my metal allergy

October 26th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is very interesting. I was closed up with a mixture of disolvable stitches and staples. To be honest I didn't mind the staples. My scar is invisable and I didn't have any problems with the healing process.

October 26th, 2011, 09:57 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow that looks really cool. The first time I had staples and all was well until one flipped during removal. Then the second time I had the strips and within 6 days at home part of the cut had opened and I had an infection .......so I'm hoping for staples this time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search