completely freaking out over here

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2011, 02:38 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey everyone, first off I am Casey (24) and I am due with #2 on Dec 12th. Well chunky monkey in here is breech and while we are trying the ECV out there is the possibility of a c-section since a- the hospital doesnt like doing vaginal breech deliveries and b- its the one thing my husband is VERY much against happening (he isnt even very adamant about circumcision lol). With #1 I had a VERY easy vaginal delivery (6hrs 43 minutes, 3 pushes and a text book average infant... 7.5lbs 19.5inches) and I have never had to have any type of anesthetic outside of minor dental work! And even then it takes a lot for it to work on me so needless to say I am freaking out about the concept of a c-section.
I think I am more worried about something happening during the ECV to require an emergency c-section...anyone here have an ECV? How was your experience? What about an emergency c-section? Healing go ok or were there complications?
I really want frank honesty here so please dont sugar coat anything I would rather know the worst and have things go well then go in clueless
thanks in advance!

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
November 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought i was going to have to have one but ended up getting my liitle one to turn on my own. Check out spinningbabies.com and the ECV really dosen't look so bad. I wached a lot of videos of it on youtube and most of them took 3 to 5 minutes. I ended up having an emergency c-section anyway after 32 hours of hospital labor and failure to progress past 6/7. I'd much rather go though the ECV than a c-section anyday.

November 19th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I've been trying the stuff on spinningbabies... but I really am thinking this guy is too big. It felt like he was trying to turn last night but gave up after 3 minutes (his head is already measuring 40 wks and he weighed in at the u/s on Wed at 7lbs 11oz) so I am nervous the ECV will be pointless

November 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I honestly skipped over the ECV and opted for the c-section because of a few factors for me personally. Mine ended up being an in-between of scheduled and emergency section. Since I had preeclampsia I was on bedrest for 24hrs after delivering my daughter but after that I got up and was walking around no problem. Has your OB given you an input on whether he thinks the ECV would be successful or not?

November 20th, 2011, 06:21 AM
he has said its worth trying.... I asked about baby's size and he isnt concerned with that since he said he has turned bigger babies but they are def waiting until the last second to perform the ECV (I hit 38 weeks on the 1st and they are doing the ECV on the 28th) in hopes he will do it on his own but I dont see that happening... last night it felt like (and you could see his head moving down...he is sitting very "forward") he was trying to move and he made it a little bit then gave up :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search