Holding Baby

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Hi, I don't post in here much at all, but Im Monique, due Feb 21st with my first. I have to have a c-section due to a pelvic fracture a few years ago. I have been thinking a lot about once they deliver the baby, I know that I wont be able to hold her immediately. But how long will it be, is it unrealistic to think that DF will hold baby first and I second or that I can breastfeed her before letting family back to hold her. I feel kind of selfish wanting to hold her before everyone else, but she's my baby and I will have carried her for 9 months...
November 29th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was able to hold DD1 while the dr stitched me up from my c/s. DH did hold her first but I was a close second, and I wouldn't have had it any other way! I don't think its selfish to want to hold your baby before everyone else gets too.....like you said she's your baby!

BTW I'm Jessi and I'm due with #2 Feb 4th!

November 29th, 2011, 05:45 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Hi Monique,

I am Donna, scheduled for my first c section on Friday. I understand wanting to hold your baby first. I have already told my DH the same thing.

November 29th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I wasn't able to hold my baby right away either time, but I didn't ask my dr or anything... I got to hold them in the recovery room as soon as I was settled, I would discuss this with your dr.

November 30th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't feel comfortable enough to hold her while on the operating table but once she was wieghed and cleaned up quickly DH sat right next to me with her for the remainder of the surgery and right when I was in the recovery room they helped me start to breastfeed her. It's not unrealistic at all.
November 30th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Jennowznm's Avatar Veteran
I wasnt able to hold my baby until I came out of the recovery room.. I was in the recovery room for about 1 hour and half.. I needed it too!! I was sooo tired considering I had to be at hopstal at 5:30am..to prep.. I only got 2 hours of sleep due to my mother and sister flown from Nashville to see the baby on the day of my c-section.. My husband and my mother got to hold the baby before me. Its ok though..
November 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
LondonAndAthensMommy's Avatar Chillin' in Mommywood ;)
Send a message via MSN to LondonAndAthensMommy
i didnt hold my DD til after recovery and back in the hospital room in bed...

December 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had two c-sections. I was able to hold my daughter within 20 min (they had to sew me up) and DH held her ASAP. My son was not stable when he was born and brought to a children's hospital connected to mine. I had to wait 6 hours after my c-section so I could leave bed to see him.
December 1st, 2011, 09:29 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having my 1st c-section next week and I was told by my Drs that the hospital I am delivering at they will give me my baby right in the OR and help me get him to latch there... so maybe its something that varies hospital by hospital?

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
December 5th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was the last person to hold my baby. I saw pictures of her before I ever really saw her. She was almost 5 hours old before I ever got to hold her. They wouldn't let anyone be in the recovery room with me so I had to wait until I got to my actual room.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search