How many?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM
How any csections have you had? How close and any problems?

I've had two secions my boys are 2yrs 1mnth apart, and I'm hoping to start trying for another soon-ish, Complication wise, I've had 2infections and a 2inch gap where the staples weren't correct, all healed now tho
December 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will have my fourth c-section in March.

My first two were 16 months apart.
My third was 21 months after #2.
This one will be almost 4 years after #3.

The only complication I had was an infection after DS#3 but that was b/c I did too much too soon.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 27th, 2011, 02:13 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I've only had one c-section over 2 years ago.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

December 27th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Regular
I have 3 c-sections thus far Jan 08 then April 09 and July 10 so they are pretty close together only problem I had was scar tissue took a little longer to get babies out and I have a thin window on my uterus I was told by my doctor 2 more children should be my limit anyone else told by their doctor somethinh along the lines of this
December 27th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had two sections. They were over 4 years apart. The complications I had was that I had a ton of scar tissue built up. They really pulled and yanked and cut me wider with my second birth due to it. And, with my first baby, I had pneumonia. I coughed so hard that I caused bleeding. They had to go back in and almost didn't close me back up.
December 28th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasHas3 View Post
I have 3 c-sections thus far Jan 08 then April 09 and July 10 so they are pretty close together only problem I had was scar tissue took a little longer to get babies out and I have a thin window on my uterus I was told by my doctor 2 more children should be my limit anyone else told by their doctor somethinh along the lines of this

Wow that is close, did you have any problems with the pregnancys? I'm possibly pregnant after my second csection 2months again, i've taken 3tests 2were positive one negative, so will be going to my doctors for a blood test on the 3rd. I'm obviously worriied about strain it will put on my expanding uterus, did you have any requirements made my your doctor like bed rest or anything?

My doctor didn't say anything about a window only that i had signifitacnt bruising on the side of the womb and needed a drain put in for the couple of days i was in the hospital.

Will you be going for another baby?
December 28th, 2011, 06:25 AM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had 4.

My first two were 16 months apart.
3 years and 5 months between 2 and 3.
2 years 7 months between 3 and 4.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

December 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
mamato2hopingfor3's Avatar Veteran
I've had two 4 years apart. This will be my third 3 1/2 years after my last one, I haven't had any complications yet, and I hope this one goes smoothly as well

December 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Section Mama View Post
Wow that is close, did you have any problems with the pregnancys? I'm possibly pregnant after my second csection 2months again, i've taken 3tests 2were positive one negative, so will be going to my doctors for a blood test on the 3rd. I'm obviously worriied about strain it will put on my expanding uterus, did you have any requirements made my your doctor like bed rest or anything?

My doctor didn't say anything about a window only that i had signifitacnt bruising on the side of the womb and needed a drain put in for the couple of days i was in the hospital.

Will you be going for another baby?
I had no problems with the pregnancy Dr just advise me to listen to my body rest when it tells me to dont over exert myself eat and drink healthy O I also began weekly visits at about 24 weeks I think I am expecting baby #4 now I believe I am about 4 weeks and 4 days buttttt this will most more than likely be my last dr is very concerned and I am considered high risk let us know how everything works out
December 30th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to *Cheyenne*
I have had 3 c-sections.

My first 2 were 14 months apart (September 2005 and December 2006). No complications with either of those. My third c-section was almost 3 years after my second and I had some complications with the pregnancy by going into premature labor 3 times and I had complications with the c-section, I had to put under full anesthesia, and the doctor informed my husband that I had a lot of scar tissue on the right side which in turn, resulted in me ripping and having a 2 to 3 inch gap opened for 8 1/2 almost 9 weeks after my daughter was born.

I had my tubes tied cause the doctor recommended it before she was born, and then strongly urged it when they were unsuccessful with my spinal 6 different times before putting me to sleep. I consented, and so did my husband.

**Thank you Tasha_Mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!**

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
December 30th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I had one in 2006 and one in 2010, and will have my third and final in 2012. No problems with the previous two and hopefully nothing with my third. Knock on wood!
December 30th, 2011, 10:36 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
I have just had one (4/09). I will have my second at the end of June 2012.

January 1st, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
I had no problems with the pregnancy Dr just advise me to listen to my body rest when it tells me to dont over exert myself eat and drink healthy O I also began weekly visits at about 24 weeks I think I am expecting baby #4 now I believe I am about 4 weeks and 4 days buttttt this will most more than likely be my last dr is very concerned and I am considered high risk let us know how everything works out
Oh i hope this one gos as smothly as your others, i'm quite sure im pregnant with my third - if so then my 2 youngest will be 10months apart i will find out in a week or so.

how far part are your children?

Why are you now consisered high risk?

I hope you keep us udated aswell x
January 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will have my 4th c/s in Feb.
First two: 12 months apart
between two and three: 5 years apart
between three and 4: 3 1/2 years apart.

I haven't had any complications other then my OB mentioning windows in my uterus with #3, which is why I'm having #4 as soon as his lungs are ready (will have steriod shots at 35 weeks and amnio to determine). During deleivery of # 3, the OB told me he removed all of my scar tissue so it will seem as if I've only had one c/s....we shall see this time around if that is true or not.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 1st, 2012, 07:25 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Section Mama View Post
Oh i hope this one gos as smothly as your others, i'm quite sure im pregnant with my third - if so then my 2 youngest will be 10months apart i will find out in a week or so.

how far part are your children?

Why are you now consisered high risk?

I hope you keep us udated aswell x
I first two are 15 months apart and then two and three are 14 months apart so now three and four will be two years exactly apart I am considered high risk because of my pregnancies and c-sections being so close together and I also have a thin "window" in my uterus therefore I am very certain this will be the last I will more than likely get my tubes tied I wanted all my children before 30 who knew I would be done before I even turned 27 I will be savoring every min of this pregnancy
January 2nd, 2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindr0p2433 View Post
I will have my 4th c/s in Feb.
First two: 12 months apart
between two and three: 5 years apart
between three and 4: 3 1/2 years apart.

I haven't had any complications other then my OB mentioning windows in my uterus with #3, which is why I'm having #4 as soon as his lungs are ready (will have steriod shots at 35 weeks and amnio to determine). During deleivery of # 3, the OB told me he removed all of my scar tissue so it will seem as if I've only had one c/s....we shall see this time around if that is true or not.
Oh because of the window does that mean you wont be able to have anymore after this one?

Quote:
I first two are 15 months apart and then two and three are 14 months apart so now three and four will be two years exactly apart I am considered high risk because of my pregnancies and c-sections being so close together and I also have a thin "window" in my uterus therefore I am very certain this will be the last I will more than likely get my tubes tied I wanted all my children before 30 who knew I would be done before I even turned 27 I will be savoring every min of this pregnancy

Oh wow they are close together, but at least they will grow u closely, i can't wait to have another, fingers crossed sooner than i thought x
January 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My previous OB (that first mentioned the window) did not say anything to me about not having any more babies.....while we are not planning persay anymore babies....I'm not having my tubes tied (at least not yet). If my new OB recommends not having anymore babies due to the condition of my uterus (all of my babies were BIG)....then I for sure will not have any more.......but if my uterus looks ok....then the shop is staying open.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 9th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had one c/s and another one scheduled in roughly 3 weeks (Feb 1st ).

I didn't have any complications with the first and am hoping for the same type of recovery with this one. They will be 2 years 10 months apart.

January 13th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindr0p2433 View Post
My previous OB (that first mentioned the window) did not say anything to me about not having any more babies.....while we are not planning persay anymore babies....I'm not having my tubes tied (at least not yet). If my new OB recommends not having anymore babies due to the condition of my uterus (all of my babies were BIG)....then I for sure will not have any more.......but if my uterus looks ok....then the shop is staying open.
Yes me and my husband would like more than the 2 we have we haven't had any one say anything about a window, so we shall see what happens, i had bad buising on the womb tho..

My first baby was big he was 9lb 5oz, and tey told me my second would be much bigger - turned out he was only 8lb 11oz lol..
January 24th, 2012, 12:46 PM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had 3.
#1 July 2002
#2 Sept 2003
#3 March 2010
I had a post operative ileus after my first which required a second surgery.

I am TTC #4.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search