help !! Im so nervous

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2011, 07:06 AM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my first scheduled c/s and I'm getting more and more anxious . The time is creeping by and I can't help but feel like a fatted calf being led to slaughter. The idea of knowing that's what I'm going in for even if I feel perfectly fine is scary.
Do you guys have any tips for passing time or easing anxiety??
December 30th, 2011, 12:27 PM
mamato2hopingfor3's Avatar Veteran
This will be my third c-section, I'm only 5w2d pregnant, and I'm nervous already lol. One thing I can say is that it's REALLY not that bad! You are going to be nervous and scared no matter what, you just have to trust that you're in good hands. Your DH will be able to come in with you as soon as you're prepped, after you get your spinal. If you want they can give you something to relax you either as soon as you get to the hospital, or after you get the spinal in, although they may try to get you to hold off cause anything you take will be passed to baby. My first c-section was an emerg and I was already so out of it I didn't care, but with my second (which was planned) I held off until I had the spinal in then I couldn't take it anymore. I'm pretty sure they gave me morphine, I just asked the anesthesiologist to "give me something to calm me down" lol. Baby was perfectly fine. Once my second was about 9-10 mos however I developed anxiety disorder so I will for sure have a massive panic attack when I go in for my c-section this time, but everything will be just fine. The surgery itself isn't that long, you can have someone with you holding your hand, and the baby will be out in the first half hr. They can give you morphine, or whatever else as soon as the baby is out (or before if you prefer) and trust me you will feel FINE after that lol. They will have you in recovery for an hour, then take you to your room. They will typically have you get up and move around the first day, it will be really difficult to move, but the more you do the easier it gets so I would recommend trying your best to get walking, just DO NOT overdo it. You will be medicated so you shouldn't be in too much pain. AS long as the baby is fine then she will be with you so I suggest having someone with you as much as possible because it is not easy to get out of bed and care for the baby initially. They typically keep you for at least three days, and you will get a prescription when you leave (I get percocets) They make you shower and have both a BM and urinate before they will let you leave, but they'll give you stool softeners to help with that. It is extremely difficult to go to the bathroom for the first time, especially the BM, just to warn you, as well as to shower.

SO that's it in a nutshell haha! Don't really think there is any way to relieve the anxiety, sorry just try to think that as soon as it is over you will have your precious baby in your arms! The doctors know what they are doing and it is over pretty fast. I know EXACTLY how you're feeling though and it does suck You will be fine, good luck!

December 30th, 2011, 02:27 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you. I guess you're right there's nothing that can get rid of the jitters. But knowing what to expect can take the edge off. Although I'm still hoping labor can start on its own
December 30th, 2011, 04:05 PM
mamato2hopingfor3's Avatar Veteran
No problem Hope all goes well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search