Stitches vs. Staples

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2012, 04:46 PM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's your experiences, bad and good???

thanks in advance!

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
January 29th, 2012, 06:48 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I had stitches and I didn't have a problem with them at all. No infection, healed easily, dissolved on their own (I can't remember how long it took? 1-2 weeks?). My scar is a white line now. I've only had one c/s and only experienced stitches.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I had stitches and other than a few stitches working their way out ( even one today at 8 weeks) I have nothing to complain about. I am allergic to metal so staples were not an option for me.

January 30th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had staples and insisted they be removed after 5 days. My dr wanted them to stay in for 7 days. After 3 days, some of the staples started pushing out (they're supposed to) and it was just getting uncomfortable for me to have anything against them. Once the staples started limiting my ability to stand upright, then I insisted they be removed. Once they were out, I had no problems.
January 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had staples. They removed them the day I was released from the hospital, 4 days post partum. They placed steri strips over the site and they took about 2-3 weeks to fall off. My incision healed perfectly. Very faint thin white line. You have to really be looking for it to see it!

January 30th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had glue which came open the first time I stood up after surgery. It was very scary and I don't recommend it. They took me and stiched me and I really didn't have any issues after that. My scar is lower down than most others that I've seen and it's much wider than others I've seen and is still pink-ish 6 months after but this could be due to the fact that I scar badly.

January 31st, 2012, 06:36 AM
Veteran
I have had staples for both my csections. I cannot remember when I had them removed after my first section - I thought it was at the two-week mark, but this time, they had them removed at the one-week mark, so maybe I am mistaken about going all the way to two weeks for the first one. I don't mind staples, but for me, they pulled quite a bit both times. It felt a lot more comfortable once they were out. But I have never had any problems with my incision healing, so I'm happy with staples.
January 31st, 2012, 09:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had staples with my first, not sure why as they were removed at day 3 and replaced with steri-strips. With this one, I guess it is totally glue, as I see no visible stitches. Side note... I really like the way this incision looks, its very clean and neat!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search