Intro and a Question

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies! I just had my 2nd c-section on December 29, so I am just over 4 weeks out. (My first section was December 27, 2007, because my daughter developed a very irregular heartbeat at 35 weeks, and my doctors did not feel comfortable with her going through "regular" birth.) This time around, my doctors preferred repeat c-section, and because I had such an easy recovery last time, I had no objections! So, I had a very easy c-section this time as well, and am all healed up with no complications.

However, for the last day or so, I have had what feels like stabbing or shooting vaginal (or cervical?) pain for no reason, and have started spotting again, even though it stopped this last week on Thursday, I think. Does that sound normal? I haven't needed pain medication for weeks now, and really the pain is not bad enough that feel like I need pain meds now, but it does hurt and is very uncomfortable. Maybe I just overdid it? I have been taking it pretty easy until I hit my 6 week mark, per doctor's orders, but Friday I was on my feet a lot. What do y'all think?
January 29th, 2012, 06:37 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Welcome to the Board !!

I am Donna, the host of the board. I am mom to David 3 and Asher 8 weeks.

I am glad to hear that your csection went well. Congrats on your baby! Is it a boy or a girl ?

I am 8 weeks out from my c section and have has spotting on and off for two weeks. I bled steady until 6 weeks. so I have no clue about the bleeding. I think I would call your OB about your increase in pain.

January 29th, 2012, 06:56 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Hi and Welcome! I'm Kelli, mom to Eli (16 months) and Finley (stillborn in October).

I would assume that it is just residual tightening of your uterus and contracting to get any leftover blood/clots out. I experienced this after my c/s with Eli and still had some cramping and shooting pains after my 6 week PP checkup.
I agree with you that it might be caused by being on your feet a little bit more and perhaps overdoing it a little bit. If the pain continues to get worse I would call my OB, or even if you are worried about it now there is no harm in calling in to ask your OB or the nurse what could be causing it

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 31st, 2012, 06:33 AM
Veteran
Thanks, Donna! I had a baby girl! Congrats on your new baby boy, too!
Thanks, Kelli! I am so sorry to hear about your stillbirth in October. Ladies, you both had great advice. The shooting pains stopped by Monday morning when I woke up for the day and haven't been back. But I will definitely talk to my OB about it if it comes back. Thank you both for responding to my question.
January 31st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome!

I'm Jessi. I have a 2 yr old girl named Madilyn and am pregnant with girl #2.

I'm happy the pain stopped for you. It did not sound like fun! Hopefully it stays gone from here on out!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search