The Ladies of the C Section Board

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Capns Girl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2012, 06:53 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Name:
Kids:
Pets:
C- Sections : (Type and Cause)
Fun Fact about you:

January 29th, 2012, 07:05 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Name: Kelli
Kids: Eli (16 months) and Finley (stillborn in Oct)
Pets: One girl lab mix named Boo
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) One emergency/unplanned c-section due to failure to progress and decels - future children will all be planned c-sections due to the shape/size of my pelvis
Fun Fact about you: I grew up on Long Island

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 30th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Dee
Kids: DD#1 (5 yrs), DS (3 yrs) and DD#2, little rose, almost 5 months
Pets: cat - 11 yrs
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) unplanned/emergency (I would guess) due to failed NST/BPP
Fun Fact about you: Act like a spoiled only child even though I'm a middle child of 4.
January 30th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Jessi
Kids: Madilyn (2)
Pets: None. We had to put down our cat Jaz last August...
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) Unplanned/emergency (though I wouldn't really call it an emergency!). Swollen cervex. Dr noticed during the procedure that my pelvis was too narrow to allow a normal sized baby through.
Fun Fact about you: I'm having another girl on Wednesday!!!
SouleBaby likes this.

January 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capns Girl
Fun Fact about you: I'm having another girl on Wednesday!!!
AHH! So exciting!!! I'll be sending you easy delivery/surgery vibes!! Come back with an update after she is born!! Does she have a name?

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 30th, 2012, 05:15 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Kristine
Kids: 3 boys (Austin, 6; Kalman, 5; and Thomas, 3)
Pets: non
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) DS#1 was induced b/c I had high blood pressure. After 36 hours of pitocin induced labor, I had a c-section due to failure to progress. DS#2, I had hoped to have a VBAC but the doctor was nervous /c the pregnancies were close together and he was measuring big. DS#3 was a planned c-section.
Fun Fact about you: I will be having my 4th boy (via c-section) in 5 weeks

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

January 30th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name:Holly
Kids:Nara (5 months)
Pets:Min Pin Ellie
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) Emergency due to failure to progress after long labor
Fun Fact about you: I teach pole dance and erotic fitness

January 31st, 2012, 06:46 AM
Veteran
Kids: one boy (6yrs. old), two girls (4yrs. old / and almost 5 weeks)
Pets: none right now
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) Section #1 was due to my daughter developing an irregular heartbeat at 35 weeks. Doctors were uncomfortable having her go through "regular" birth because of the strain to her heart. Her heart stablized on its own right after birth, and she has had no further problems. Section #2 was because my doctors prefer repeat c-section after the first one, and do not really like VBAC. It turns out, this may have been a huge blessing in disguise anyway, because my baby had the cord wrapped around her neck several times and was fairly tight. If she had not been a csection baby, she might not have made it.
Fun Fact about you: I've been to Africa twice!

Last edited by daisyduck; January 31st, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
January 31st, 2012, 09:08 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBudSkyTree View Post
AHH! So exciting!!! I'll be sending you easy delivery/surgery vibes!! Come back with an update after she is born!! Does she have a name?
Thanks! We are naming her Lyla Anne.

January 31st, 2012, 09:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kids:Mina (2) Norah(2 weeks)

Pets:none

C- Sections : (Type and Cause) 1st: Failure to progress. Labored for hours and ended up exhausted, begged for it to be over with. 2nd: Planned repeat.

Fun Fact about you: Extremely large shrimp make me gag. I love the smaller sized ones, but the really large ones /shiver
February 13th, 2012, 06:08 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Name: Sarah (i havent been on here since i had my son, but I wanted to be here to give advice to ladies who are as scared as i was to have a c-section!)

Kids: Gary III (10 weeks today)

Pets: A chihuahua/Golden Retriever mix, Toby

C- Sections : (Type and Cause) Just one (so far) I have a fake hip that was recalled in 2008 and I havent had it fixed yet, so instead of risking it breaking during delivery, c-section was my only option.

Fun Fact about you: hmm. . . I got married, bought a house, got a dog, got a new car and got pregnant all in 6 months lol. . i think thats pretty fun. lol

February 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Trisha
Kids: 1 daughter (Kayley 5 on thurs)
Pets: one cat and one dog
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) I was induced early due to renal failure/pre-eclampsia/diabetes complications. (38 weeks) Pitocin induced labor for 37 hours. Had a decelerated contraction that caused babies heart rate to go dangerously low and I needed oxygen. After that I was 10 centimeters dialated for 5 hours while they waited and waited and waited for the baby to drop. By the time it was said and done I wasn't having contractions anymore and I couldn't push her out. She mentioned something about it being too narrow. So, then I had my c-section. My doctor was HORRIBLE!!!! While I was in labor she was at home delivering puppies since she breeds dogs on the side. I guess they were more important than a human patient.
Fun Fact about you: I love anything Disney especially Disney World. We went last year and I hope we can go back again one day!

February 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mandy1108's Avatar Expecting a little boy!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
Name: Mandy

Kids: 1 little boy

Pets: 2 Dogs and 1 cat that has claimed us

C- Sections : (Type and Cause) Unplanned at 34 wks. I pushed for 3 hours and he decided he didnt wanna come down any farther. So, I had to have a c section.

Fun Fact about you: We go to Topsail or Nags Head every summer for vacation & now we get to take our lil guy with us this year!

February 13th, 2012, 03:10 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Name: Marjorie
Kids: Allison (2) and James (due May 5)
Pets: None
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) My first c-section was an emergency c-section for Allison's heartrate dropping, her trying to come out sunny side up, the cord wrapped around her neck twice, and my blood pressure dropping too low. James c-section will be a repeat c-section because no hospital within 3 hours of me does VBAC
Fun Fact about you: I have been a clog dancer for 21 years!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 14th, 2012, 12:44 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Name: Caylynne
Kids: Megan 16 months
Pets: None
C- Sections : (Type and Cause) Megan's was a scheduled/semi emergency c-section. From 29wks until I delivered at 36wks and 6 days she was breech and the doc gave me the option of a version but after careful thought and consideration we declined it. I was originally scheduled for the 3rd of Oct and at my final appt on the 30th of Sept my bp was too high so I was sent next door to the labor and delivery unit to be monitored. After a few hours my doc decided to just do a 12hr urine collection and the next morning decided to deliver that day because I was spilling too much proteins. When the c-section started the spinal failed 2x so I was put under at the last minute, I guess that would be the only "emergency" part.
Fun Fact about you: I have one kidney and half a uterus.

February 14th, 2012, 04:28 PM
SouleBaby's Avatar Lovin My Boyz!
Name: Kristi
Kids: Warren 6, Johnny 1 today!! V-day baby!
Pets: George our bearded dragon
C- Sections : Warren was induced (full term) and after 41 hours of hard labor I was finally at 9.5 cm but I got a fever of 104 F. After 2 hours of penicillin in my IV the baby's heart rate dropped to the 50's and couldn't get it back up.....off for an emergency c-section. Johnny was a repeat section at 39 weeks.
Fun Fact about you: I lived in Germany for 4 years and DS1 was born there!

Thank you GreysMom for my awesome siggy!!!!

February 15th, 2012, 09:08 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Name: Jaime
Kids: Jacob (8), Clara (7) Isaiah (4) and Caleb ( 16months)
Pets: Bradley and Audrey, spoiled rotten cats lol
C- Sections : Clara was my 1st c/s. I was in the office for my 36 week appt, and they noticed her HR was irregular. They monitored me and her HR dropped to the 50's for 10 minutes, so that bought me a crash c/s...rushed from the office to L&D and then to the OR. Isaiah was a scheduled repeat b/c I just couldn't emotionally handle a labor from my experience with Clara. Caleb was another rcs at 34 weeks.
Fun Fact about you Only thing I can think of is I ran a marathon last year and I've talked 3 others who have never run more than 3 miles to run it with me this year

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search