Possible C-Section and considered Obese- Help, please?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a member of the February DDC, but I'm hoping some of the ladies here can help to ease my mind at least a bit. I am currrently 37 weeks pregnant and baby is breech. My doctor told me today that he will induce at 39 weeks for medical reasons. I've had 3 vaginal births previously. Here's my concern- I weigh over 350 pounds. I understand a c section will be very difficult on me. Has anyone been through this with a similar weight? If so, could you please share your story with me?
February 3rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
My best friend had a c-section with her last daughter and she is in the same weight range as you. I know due to some bp issues she had to stay in bed the 24hrs after delivery. From what I remember she didn't get infected or anything. When she delivered her oldest dd was 20 months so I know she had a bit of difficulty lifting her and such.

February 4th, 2012, 06:21 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Welcome!

I am Donna, host of the C Section Board. I don't have the experience myself, but a friend has, her biggest issue was making sure the incision got enough air.

I hope your baby flips. Have you looked at spinningbabies?

February 4th, 2012, 01:35 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurSweetLabs View Post
Welcome!

I am Donna, host of the C Section Board. I don't have the experience myself, but a friend has, her biggest issue was making sure the incision got enough air.

I hope your baby flips. Have you looked at spinningbabies?
Hi Donna! I have done all of the spinning babies exercises daily since I learned she was breech. Some of them on a modified scale because of my size, but definately trying. I've also been to a chiro.
February 6th, 2012, 07:30 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I have no experience, but wanted to offer HUGS!! I can only imagine how nerve wracking it must be! Maybe it would help, if you haven't already, to talk to your doctor about some of your concerns and if she has any advice/experiences to share with you.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
February 16th, 2012, 12:17 PM
georgiabrit's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi there,
when i was pregnant with son #2 he went breech, and i think at about 38 weeks i went in to hospital for the afternoon to have him turned - they use muscle relaxants and entonox gas for any discomfort, and it was a breeze! They successfully turned him.
HOWEVER, little stinker turned back and after 12 hours labor at 5 days overdue, they suddenly said "oh we think he's breech again!" and whisked me in for a c-section (i'd had one before so they wouldn't risk breech birth)

He ended up being 10lb 2oz so part of me was kinda grateful but my 2 points are i guess, Firstly have you considered this turning procedure? it's very safe... and Secondly, why would they not try to deliver the baby breech? it sounds like you've had successful births before? I sure wish doctors would do more training on breech births these days!

Oh and finally, i was about 250lb by the time i had #2... not as big, but still an issue for the doctors (much more than it was for me, actually!)

Good luck, i hope you can get the birth you want!

Polly xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search