Recovery after 2nd....3rd?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2012, 04:27 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had kiddos both ways and my recovery from my csection was much easier than from my vag birth. I'm thinking about having a 2nd csection this time. I was just wondering how your recovery was after your 2nd csection?? Was it the same as your 1st? Or harder? Or easier?

thanks

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
March 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never experienced a vaginal birth so I have no comparison to that. However my 2nd c-sec was a fast and easy recovery. It was a little worse than the first but only because I have an active toddler to chase after. In the hospital it was much easier because I knew what to expect and I was out of bed the second it was allowed.

Congrats and good luck

March 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
My 2nd and 3rd were much easier than the first (I had pretty major complications with the first). The 3rd was easier than the 2nd. I agree about walking as soon as you can. I believe that makes all the difference in the world.

March 30th, 2012, 11:53 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to know! thanks! I was hoping the 2nd Csection was about the same!

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
March 30th, 2012, 04:49 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of my c-sections were about the same. I was up that night and moving around with minimal problems the next day!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

April 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
sorry late to post!

My second c-section was harder and easier at the same time, my recovery was faster and I was up walking ASAP which helps. It was easier because I knew what to expect, but also harder because I had a toddler at home and got hemoroids really bad (never had that the first time) My first section was a failed attempt at NCB so I have no idea what to compare between vaginal and c-section.

May 11th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
my second was far easier. i had very many complications and medical interventions with the first and had an extended labor with pre-e and then an emergbency csection. it was all around just bad. i couldnt get out of the bed after for almost 2 days and that set me back as well. so with my second i went straight in, got her out, was awake for this one. breastfed her almost immediately in recovery, got up within a couple hours, even with the small reopen spot a week later it was by far easier than the first.

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

May 11th, 2012, 06:44 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
My second was way easier than my first! Although my first was an emergency c-section after 38 hours of induced labor, so it was bound to be better. I agree with everyone walking is key. I was walking ASAP in the hospital and it made me feel so much better.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search