Repeat C-section

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,

I am Kim, from the July DDC....this is my 4th pregnancy. First 2 vaginal (pushed for 3 hours and they were delivered by forceps and vaccum) My last was a c-section becasue of placenta previa.
I am now pregnany again and due July 10th. Placenta is in the right place this time, head has been down for a few weeks now. I just assumed I would have another c-section, and that is what my husband wants, cause we are scared of the risks. I am terrified that something will go wrong and the uterus will ruputure putting baby and my life in danger. Plus not to mention that the thought of blood transfusions scares me to death!!!!!
All the Dr.s that I have been seeing encourage VBACS, and although I would love to have a vaginal birth again and I am just really really scared. There is a woman I know who had a vaginal birth 12 years after having a c-section and she pushed for 3 hours and baby was delivered by vaccum( same birth as I had for my second) and she ruptured, needing many transfusions, and ended having a hestorectomy 12 hours later....
Any advice or help would be appreciated.....

Thanks

Last edited by Starr33; April 25th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
April 29th, 2012, 05:40 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Welcome !

I am Donna, I honestly don't know what I would do in your shoes. Have you visited the VBAC board, They may know more about the risks of rupture.

April 29th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Veteran
I know I don't ever post on this board, but I saw this and thought I'd throw in my experience. I'm currently pregnant with #7. I had a c-section with #2 because she was footling breach and have had 4 successful VBACS and plan to another in June. Honestly the risk of uterine rupture is very very small and not as high as some the risks of surgery. However if you just don't feel comfortable with it then tell the dr. You should do what makes you feel comfortable.

May 1st, 2012, 05:13 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks so much for posting...I am soooo confused...I honestly do not know what to do...Obviously I would love to go vaginal like my first 2, but then I get so scared about the what ifs etc....I am at 30 weeks now and am just so tored as to what to do....
My husband is really scared as well...He wants me to do a repeat c-section cause he is so scared something will happen to the baby or myself....
I am telling you I am getting so nervous as the weeks advnace..Just knowing I have to make my decision soon....
May 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Veteran
It is scary, but you have to do what makes the most sense to you. There are serious risks associated with another c-section, as with any surgery. And there are risks with VBAC. I had a c-section with my daughter and I'm not pregnant again yet, but I've done a bit of research. There are things that reduce the (already small) risk of rupture with a VBAC, like not having pitocin or an epidural, and I'm sure your doctors who are comfortable with VBAC know all about that. On the other hand, having two tough vaginal deliveries requiring forceps and vacuum might not make you a good candidate. If I were you I would try to do some research on your own, perhaps visit the VBAC board, and then have a serious conversation with your doctors. Maybe even call ahead and ask for a longer time slot if your normal appointments are kind of rushed. Good luck!

May 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Super Mommy
Thaks for the responses ladies....I talked to my OB who did my previous c-section and we discussed some pros and cons in my situation...Although the risk of rupture is small, there is also the fact that she said being as my other vaginal deliveries were with forceps and vaccum, chances are that the same thing will happen. Also she said because of my gestational diabetes the baby may be bigger, which he/she is already in the 94th percentile.
Also the other thing that scared me, is if I attempt a VBAC and god forbid my uterus would rupture, the OB to do the c-section is not at the hospital, they have to call them and they will come to the hospital. That made me a bit scared...
So I believe that my husband and I have made our decision.
As much as I would like yo have a vaginal birth, I also what to just make sure that this baby arrives safe and sound. So I guess c-section it is for us...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search