Any Twin Mom's? When Was your c-section?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone!

Just popping in- I'm Kelly (38) due on December 4th- we just found out yesterday that it's twins!! I am about 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy, and will be my 3rd c-section. I had one 2 1/2 years ago and one 15 months ago. Any idea on when my doc may want to schedule this one? I am still in total shock about the whole thing!
May 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your twins! I don't have any experience with twins, but would guess that it will be around 37 weeks, maybe 36 depending on how your pregnancy progresses.
May 14th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Hi Kelly
I had 3 C-Sections, one of which was for twins. They left me go to 39 weeks although the last 7 days was in hospital being monitored daily. I wouldn't hold out for any major early section, if all is good and healthy you prob wont be sectioned till 38 weeks !! sorry Enjoy the pregnancy
May 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Mine were delivered by c-section at 36w5d due to concerns with pre-eclampsia (they tried inducing me first, but baby A refused to budge). Come check out the Moms of Multiples board You will get a lot of different twin experiences there. It really just depends how your pregnancy progresses. I know people that have had c-sections as early as 34 weeks because of complications and others who have gone 38-39 weeks.

Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples - JustMommies Message Boards

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Last edited by Rae-of-Sunshine; May 14th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
May 17th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hi kelly,

I'm 7 months along with twin girls! For now, the pregnancy is going good. I'm being monitored by ultrasound every two weeks for twin to twin transfusion syndrome.

Unless a problem arises, my OB said he will schedule C section for 38 weeks.

This will be my first c section. I'm still wondering if i should try for regular delivery. My docs don't have a problem going for regular delivery, but said 50% of twins end up c section anyways. I'm just concerned for the twins' health and don't want them to be stressed or any birthing accidents while trying to deliver naturally.

@ Kelly, how did your previous c sections go? Do you regret not having a natural delivery(even if it was a medically needed c section)?

P.S. I'm still shocked that i'm having twins. I think i'll be even more so when i see two little faces staring back at me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search