3rd c-section

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By KasieH
  • 1 Post By mommaof4andhalf
  • 2 Post By KasieH
  • 1 Post By Summerdays12

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone i have just joined
I am having my 3rd baby due on 3/1/13 i have been told i will be having a c-section for sure this time
its a bit scary but i guess its because i have known from the start. My 1st baby was fine up until 36wks when he went breech so i had c-section at 38 wks he is now 11, my daughter's pregnancy was fine also and was told they would do trial of labour and i went into labour at 40+4 although she was distressed and i had emergency c-section she is now 9. So after a bit of a gap here i am again but this time knowing i am having c-section straight away
July 16th, 2012, 12:55 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome,
My first was an emergency c-section. My 2nd and 3rd were scheduled. It got easier with each one. It is nice to know what to expect and be prepared.

I hope you have a easy journey and your delivery is a breeze.
gracia likes this.

July 16th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks Ak Mom
Its good to know it dosent get worse
Yes it maybe is good to be prepared
July 17th, 2012, 05:59 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
I'm working on my 3rd c section as well. I have had a LOT of anxiety about it. This is my 5th child. My first 2 were vaginal births with no complications. My 3rd was a 24 hour labor that wouldn't progress so they took her. My 4th was a c section a year and 4 days later. It's been 6 years since my last section and I am just a nervous wreck. I'm in a new state with unfamiliar doctors. It takes a lot but I remind myself daily that I have been through this twice before with no complications, the 3rd time should be just as simple.
gracia likes this.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
July 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
I have delivered all three of mine in different hospitals with different doctors.
I would just make sure I ask all my questions and make my requests before hand. Like, I hated having my arms tied down, so at my most recent delivery the doc allowed me to have my arms free as long as I agreed not to grab her butt during surgery . Have everything organized at home so you can mostly hang out in one room the first few days. Pack things in your hospital bag to keep you entertained since you will be there for a couple of days. My third didn't take any longer than the rest and I healed very quickly and easily.

My biggest piece of advice would be to walk as soon and as much as you can. But, since this will be your third, you already know that!
mommaof4andhalf and gracia like this.

July 17th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks for replies puts my mind at ease
Although @ AK Mom _ you had your hands tied down!! why was this did they tell you? is this a new thing? dont like the sound of that either i didnt have it with my 2. i was in 3 nights with first 2 so expecting this again. I would defo agree the quicker you are at moving about the better.
July 17th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Regular
This will be my third c-section. My second one was very traumatic for another reason (the c-section went smoothly) but this one will be different as it should be a nice, average c-section without any traumatic situations.

Having a scheduled c-section is kind of fun in it's own way. You'll know in advance your baby's birth date, so you can arrange for childcare for your others if needed. You also have that perfect scenario that all pregnant women want.. having the house spotless, all laundry done, meals in the freezer, all errands ran when the baby is born as you will know the date ahead of time.

The recovery time for my second was a bit more painful than my first, but it was much shorter and I was up and moving much sooner than my first.
July 18th, 2012, 04:25 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
It is wonderful to know that there are other women out there that are also on their 3rd or more section and share the same fears or encouragements. I have been a wreck for 2 months. I have literally panicked to the point I thought I was going to need anxiety medication because of fear that something would go wrong. I feel SO much better reading the replies here.

Thank you all <3

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
July 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM
rucca1002's Avatar Veteran
I am pregnant with my third and will be having my third c-section in December. I am terrified. My first was an emergency after being in labor for 26 hours and pushing for 4 and my second was scheduled. I cried the entire time I was at the hospital up to my actual surgery with my second because I was so terrified. And I know with each section, it gets riskier. So.... I am even more terrified this time around. My Dr. said they would be able to give me anti-anxiety meds prior to the delivery but I worry what that might do to the little one... so.... I may just have to deal with the fear and hope for the best!
July 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I'm going on my 3rd as well. First 2 were emergency and this one will of course be scheduled. I just wish I had a date already..I'm due in October. I'm super scared for some odd reason. Maybe because I know what to expect and have time to think about it ahead of time. With the emergency ones it was quick..no time to worry lol.
mommaof4andhalf likes this.

August 2nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my fourth c-section 5 months ago. My first was an emergency. After planning a VBAC for #2, due to other circumstances. I had a schedules c-section. The olast two were scheduled. I enjoyed being able to get ready for the birth of my baby. I had zero c-section related complications with any of my births. 5 months after my fourth and I feel great! (I felt great 4-6 weeks after the surgery).

Good luck to you all! You will do great!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search