4th c-section anyone? .. scarring problems

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2012, 04:40 PM
i have had 3 c-sections already and wondering if i should go for just one more . the doctor said i had alot of scarring which of course everyone has from c-section (repeat) . anyone with problems with 4th or more from that
August 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my fourth c-section about 5 months ago. I had no problems whatsoever. It was a perfectly normal pregnancy and a quick and easy delivery.
Karenna and Classy like this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

August 9th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Mythreesons
Did the doctors tell you they don't Think you should chance it after the three on? Also did you have lots of scarring?
August 9th, 2012, 12:23 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a good amount of scarring. My OB told me I was the first 4-peat (4th c-section) she had done. She had no worries bout me carriyng my fourth baby though. She said that she highly recommended that this be my last (I had already decided to have my tubes tied) b/c my uterine wall was geting very thin.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

August 10th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Veteran
I will be having my 4th in Nov. I have allot of scarring. Not sure how this will work out but whats done is done.

August 11th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Newbies
I had my 4th last year. Oddly there was more scaring when they went in for #3 than there was for #4. And the Dr said I could have a 5th but I need to understand the risks of a repeat Csection. Which I do. Her and I had a talk.

BTW, I was told after #2 that they do not allow more than 3 csections by my then Dr. HAHAHAHA!!!!! Yeah... I know a woman (in person) that had 8.

Please be advised that all the scar tissue is VERY hard to cut through and sometimes they can nick things they do not mean to. Also there is always the chance that you will not heal up right. Sometimes with the excess scar tissue it does not like to remain closed (I knew someone in person that had this happen).

I am not trying to scare you, I just believe in being informed.
August 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Every Dr has their own thoughts on how many c-sections are okay, and it also depends on the woman and how well she healed. I am having my 6th c-section in April, my ob is not concerned at all. I had my 5th c-section last year and it went great, I had vary little scar tissue and no thinning, so she gave us the green light during the c-section for #6.

On the other hand I have a very good friend who is also expecting #6 and this is also her 6th c-section, she did have scar tissue and her ob was very concerned about another surgery, she had to meet with a peri who seen no reason for concern , her last c-section last year went well and so he decided she doesn't even need to see him, he allowed her to be seen by her regular ob.

I know one of the big issues can be where the placenta attaches, it can attach to the scar and that would be an issue if in imbeds there.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 17th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Anyone advises not to have any more csection , I ask because I don't know everyone personal that's had more than three all the risks freak me out also , and I would like to TTC ,just worried
August 25th, 2012, 12:55 PM
i am now facing my fith c section with scar tissue and this is my 11th pregnancy but sad to say only 5 are with me today due to a weeks cervex my 4th c section was actully easier then any of them i was out of bed in a matter of 12 hours it is scarry but if you have a dr your comfortible with you will be fine you take risk even with a first c section just know when that babies out that its almost over the only thing with alot of c sections is it does take longer to get to baby ill keep you in my prayers keep your head up everything will work out
August 26th, 2012, 12:42 PM
blessedmom080911's Avatar Excitedly Expecting #3!
I will have my fourth and final c-section in Dec. The dr who delivered my last baby via c-section said he didn't remember there being TOO much scar tissue, and that it'd be safe for me to deliver in town vs going to a bigger hospital. That said, I am very nervous! I am also nervous because I have an anterior placenta this go around.

October 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
I've had 4. The doctor said my uterus looked fine, and that a 5th baby was definitely an option. I'm pregnant with that 5th baby right now.

Tolerance obviously requires a non-contentious manner of relating toward one another’s differences. But tolerance does not require abandoning one’s standards or one’s opinions on political or public policy choices. Tolerance is a way of reacting to diversity, not a command to insulate it from examination.
-- Dallin H. Oaks
October 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Super Mommy
You ladies are making me feel much better about my upcoming c-section LOL! I had one 8 years ago and will be having another with this one and I have been TOTALLY freaking about about it....i am SOOOOO scared about getting the spinal...have any of you felt like you couldnt breathe when you had it? I had an epidural with my last c-section and i felt ok with it..this time around doc says that they will use a spinal and i have been worried sick about it I have NO experience with the spinal at all....any coomforting words?
October 15th, 2012, 04:08 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor basically came in after each one and told me right away whether he thought I was good for another lol. Although with my DS I did have what they thought MIGHT be the start of placenta previa, which the risk goes up dramatically with each pregnancy but I ended up being fine. He has delivered women with 6 c-sections. Just depends on how your own individual uterus is looking in regards to scar tissue. I will be having my 3rd in June and crossing my fingers I might be good for a 4th in a few years but will def be done after that!
Karenna likes this.

October 29th, 2012, 07:31 AM
cdefgmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to cdefgmomma Send a message via Yahoo to cdefgmomma
I am having my 5th section ( 6th baby) in Feb. I am high risk due to the amount... as far as scar tissue I am great...however, my uterus is thim...my dr said the last dr noted that instead of 8-10 slices in the uterus he only had to do like 3 or 4...so he cut another part of my uterus and overlayed a few layers on the thin part... i was advised on this and had no intention on another baby... but here I am ...so I am constantly in my crazy imagination picturing baby just busting out of my uterus and my tummy...rediculas I know...but I am soooooo nervous...but the dr assured me that was not how things worked...I will be going in to weekly ultra sounds at some point to monitor it...she seems confidant things will be ok since they are aware and prepared...

October 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for asking this question. I've been ttc my #4 reluctantly because I've been nervous about having a 4th c-section. Thankfully, I remember quite clearly my doctor saying my uterus looks "very good." I've still just been nervous. My fears are at bay knowing you ladies have had more than 4 and have friends with more than 4. Thank you ladies again for posting and replying to this question <3

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
October 29th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a lot of scarring even after my first c-section. It caused a lot of issues for me later on, since I was in a lot of pain from the adhesions tearing apart but my doctor performed my second c-section no problem. I imagine I had a lot of problems from my adhesions because of contracting too early and often. It really depends on the doctor you have.

November 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I had three with no complications and the DR said I could do five (this was after my third). With my fourth I had uterine rupture and emergency c section at 31 weeks, so we're done clearly.
January 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Regular
I've had 5 so far, and will have my 6th in September some time. My last doctor said my uterus was in perfect shape and I could have 7 more if I wanted too. His words in the OR after suturing me closed! He was very serious

The doctor before him with the previous c-section said if it were possible, he'd just put a zipper there so we could just unzip it and pull out the next one, lol.

The doctor prior to that who did the previous three said I didn't need to have more children and that I had serious scarring during the second section he did. Blah.

I've vaginally delivered 4 prior to all the c-sections. A total of 9 live births so far.

Good luck to all!
January 24th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I will be having my 4th c-section in 6 days. I was warned about the scar tissue after my second but not much was said after my third. I never imagined I'd have a cesarean and now I'm having a 4th. I refused to be induced with my first knowing it increased the risk of a cesarean. I tried to have a v-bac with my second and even made sure I had a midwife but still ended up in the emergency room for another surgery. I trust that God is in control. He will take care of me however the child comes into this world.
January 28th, 2013, 01:13 PM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
I will have my 4th c-section in August! I've only heard that I have nice scars - never been told I shouldn't have more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search