Overwhelmed right now...

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im going to be having a planned C section next May. I have so many emotions over this. Kind of relieved, but scared, angry, and ambivilent all at the same time. I've had 2 uncomplicated vaginal deliveries, they were beautiful (albeit long, lol). I was diagnosed for a brain Aneurysm last October. It is not operable, its very small and causes me no issues really. Intercranial pressure (like during pushing) is sadly not my friend, now. I most likely had the Aneurysm with my previous births, but it was undiagnosed.

My biggest concerns are:
The recovery period and my other children and the new baby
BREASTFEEDING
Immediate after birth care and plan

I just wanted to come here and vent a little. I plan on asking about a C section birth plan and what things would be acceptable to the Dr on my plan.

Thanks for listening and reading...
August 30th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had too had 2 vag births and my 3rd was a c/s. Recovery was easy and BF'ing wasn't a problem. At the time, I had a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old. It was a little challenging at times caring for them all.

Best advice is to get up and moving as soon as possible. Don't try to do more than you feel comfortable doing. Rest as much as possible.
August 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had 3 cesareans and would love to join you in the May DDC for a 4th.
Dee is right the absolute best advice is get up and walking asap after delivery. I've had 3 different docs for each of mine and my 3rd was very open to my requests for my birth plan. Just ask!
Congrats and vent as much as you need to.

August 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about your aneurysm. That's rough that you have to deal with that in addition to a C-section.

I had a planned C-section 2 years ago and it all went really smooth. Breastfeeding was not a problem. The whole hospital was very pro-breastfeeding and were encouraging. Hopefully your hospital and nurses are pro-breastfeeding as well.

Recovery was rough but you do heal relatively fast. It is major surgery and they cut open your belly. But you are able to do light work outs after 3 months. I think that's pretty amazing.

My nurses shooed me out of bed right after surgery (that night anyway). I agree with the other ladies walking around is the best way to heal. They encouraged me to push my baby through the halls to get some exercise. Just up and down the hall. Move about and force yourself to walk upright. I also encourage to take the pain meds AFTER a meal to keep the pain controlled and so you won't become nauseous.

I was so nervous before I had my C-section I totally understand how you feel.

Can you get help to take care of your other children? If yes, I would accept any family members or friends that offer.
August 31st, 2012, 10:11 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all congrats! And I'm sorry to hear you are in the position where you have to have the c-section. Try not to worry too much though, planned ones are really quite relaxing and easy to recover from (at least in my experience!) My first was an emergency and the second was planned. Breastfeeding was no issue at all after the planned one

I definitely recommend having some help with other young children, but I also felt really good so I had to remind myself to take it easy. You will do great! =)

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search