OMG is it true!?

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Super Mommy
Is it true that during a csection they take your uterus out and lay it on top of you?!
October 15th, 2012, 05:04 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't heard that... I thought they just made the incision and then guided the baby out of it? I have watch a lot of c-sections on television on the surgery shows and didn't think that is what they did.. That is kinda freaking me out now though. I think I will ask...

October 15th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Super Mommy
I feel like with my first (born 8 years ago) I was so in the dark about all that goes on during a c-section..........and honestly I like that MUCH bettter LOL! Now I have heard and read so much about the doctors taking the uterus out to insepct it and clean it out......its making me so nervous about this upcoming c-section even though its months away
October 15th, 2012, 05:15 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Umm..well I guess whatever they do, as long as they are taking care of it then I guess they can take it out and put it on me lol. As long as they put it back! Whatever will ensure the best outcome for me, I am game.

October 22nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
MY hubby watched mine and he said they took it out when sewing you back up.. He said they were shoving things back in me and what not.. I never felt a thing.. LOL
IBelieveInAngels likes this.
October 22nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Super Mommy
Eek! Its such a creepy thought! Lol
October 23rd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Little Women's Avatar Member
What on earth? Not from my experience...
October 23rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Super Mommy
Little women..i wish u were right but after doing research, they do infact take it out to stitch it back up and clean it out
October 26th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Super Mommy
Wow, I could have gone without knowing that! LOL
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
November 9th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I guess I'm the weirdo lol. I'd love to see that! How often do we get to see an organ lol
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
November 10th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Super Mommy
LOL!
November 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I've had four c sections and prefer to remain in the dark about the procedure lol.
Karenna and mommyluneyburd like this.
November 17th, 2012, 03:07 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, they take pretty much everything down there out of you, at least that is what my husband told me because he watched. I heard the doctor displaying my insides to him and explaining what everything was - "these are the fallopian tubes, this is the uterus" LOL if I hadn't been on so many meds I probably would have freaked out!
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

November 17th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Veteran
Hi! I'm a nurse. I've experienced assisting Cesarean Section operation many times and NO!It's not true! Surgeons only make an incision in your abdomen and your uterus. Next thing is, they will suction your amniotic fluid then poof! Baby is out! The scrub nurse will then show you the baby and once the placenta is delivered, the surgeon and the rest of the team will begin the close up process.

Hope this helps for you to calm down. Relax. Think positive. God bless you!
January 31st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twirlbird View Post
I guess I'm the weirdo lol. I'd love to see that! How often do we get to see an organ lol
LOL! OMGOSH--this is me to a T! During my 1st one (which was a total surprise)--my DH got up to look over the fabric drape wall and the nurse screeched and said "SIR!!! YOU MUST SIT DOWN! THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OURS!" and he did...and I even said I wish they could position a mirror so *I* could see what was going on...I think that the uterus coming out IS part of the procedure, but I've been through this now 2x and I didn't feel anything.

And the nurse later explained she wanted my DH to sit down as they'd had far too many husband's (or partners) faint dead away with the reality of the moment, LOL. They didn't realize both me and my hubster are Navy vets and have done morgue duty so seeing my insides wasn't intimidating, LOL!
July 9th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Veteran
I think in some instances they do kind of take out some organs, at least partially out, in order to inspect them and make sure they didn't nick them or anything by mistake. My husband saw my c-section, and he said they partially pulled things out. Maybe they were extra careful because he was watching, lol

Web Designer at Studio239Design.com, and Creator of SWFLbaby.com
July 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have seen C sections where they have taken the uterus out but, that was at the end to stitch it back up. I have also seen them done without.
November 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Veteran
LMAO--this is my DH to a "T"!! LOL! My hubby and I are both military vets, and we've both had to pull collateral duties dealing with cadavers; that being said, here I was, draped up not to see a thing--and my dadblained hubby looks over the 'screen' to which the OB and nurse were worried he might pass out from the 'gore' (which anyone could do, quite frankly!)--and DH is giggling like a girl (don't take that the wrong way--he's in "awe" at whole motherhood/carying/birthing a babe aspect in a womans life) and told me what he was seeing as it was happening...play by play sorta thing from what came out-- and how things went back in . Once the OB and nurses saw he wasn't about to become a passing out liability, they let him 110% see all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abur View Post
Yes, they take pretty much everything down there out of you, at least that is what my husband told me because he watched. I heard the doctor displaying my insides to him and explaining what everything was - "these are the fallopian tubes, this is the uterus"
January 1st, 2014, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They took mine out!! I think that is how they stitch it up and then they put it back in and glued my belly shut.

I kept asking they med guy that was standing at my heard if I was ok, bec it seemed like forever after baby was out before they were done with me. He would say yes... then he says they are sewing you up now. So in my mind I was thinking they were almost done.... ummm no! a couple minutes later (granted my time is probably wayyy off) he says to me "they are putting your uterus back in now." I am laying there thinking OMG WTH......

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 1st, 2014, 06:39 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenna View Post
Is it true that during a c-sections they take your uterus out and lay it on top of you?!
No it is not True lol . I have had 2 C-sections and they did not do this but my dear husband who was with me now states he he knows me from the inside out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search