How Many Is too Many??

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grace

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM
So i'm wondering how many c-section is really too many? I know what doctors and the internet says, but i'm wondering if you ladies want to share any experiences, or thoughts about this? I myself have had 3 c-sections, no problems or anything and not sure if i want to try again (little nervous ). I would love to hear what you think!!!!
November 11th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I had three c sections with no complications at all and then had uterine rupture at 31 weeks with my fourth. It varies person to person. For me, four was the limit.
November 17th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
it depends on the woman, my ob has told me she had to tell women after their second c-section it's best if they have no more due to issues with healing, scar tissue, thinning and what not. But she has also done c-sections on women like myself that heal very well with no issues, I have very little scar tissue and no thinning so there was no reason why another c-section would be an issue. We are expecting #6, and it will be my 6th c-section.
sevenplusmore likes this.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
November 28th, 2012, 01:22 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had three and my dr told me "I won't tell you not have another".

January 9th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I am having my 3rd c-section and my dr. says she feels that up to 3 is fine, it still concerns me though, after that she says there can be complications. I am 41 yrs old so this one is my last anyway. Good luck!!
January 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
I have had 3 so far and will have my 4th c-section this year. I've always been told I have nice scars and never been told not to have any more.
January 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Regular
I've had 5 so far and will have my 6th c-section in September 2013.

Linda
March 12th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I have had 2 c-sections and my second baby was unknowingly transverse and was stuck. My doc had to make multiple cuts and told me right then that he didn't think I should have anymore I don't know if I wanted more but I wanted that decision to be mine to make. I have heard that you can go to a high-risk doctor to remove scar tissue but would that be worth the risk? IDK
March 24th, 2013, 08:13 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
This is my 3rd and will be my last child. I would be scared to have more than 3 that's just my opinion though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search