question about recovery

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TerriLF
  • 1 Post By carolinashore

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, my name is Lauren. I am new to this board. I had my daughter by csection but am considering a vaginal delivery with my current pregnancy? For those who have had multiple csections. Was your second, third, etc. cesection easier than your first?

April 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I've only had 1 c/section and still not sure how this one will be yet but if my recovery is any better than my first one I could leave the next day. I guess it all depends how hard your first one was. Of course I have nothing else to compare mine to.

April 26th, 2013, 07:22 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I think for me personally The second was a lot easier healing wise. I was up walking more. I was still in the hospital for 72 hours. I'm about to have another one and it will be my last so Im hoping this one goes even smoother than the last.

Good luck!

April 30th, 2013, 11:04 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I've only had one but my recover was ALOT better than recovering from an induced vaginal delivery. I will have my second csection on July 2nd or 9th so we will have to wait and see how it goes..I told my husband if I could have a planned csection everytime I would have 10 kids, after I had my first csection with our daughter.
GingerMomof3 likes this.
May 4th, 2013, 02:04 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My second and only planned c-section recovery was WAY better than my first (emergency c-section). Here they only keep us for 48 hours after c-sections anyways and I had no issues going home then. I felt great

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
My second c/s was much easier than my first. I was up and walking with minimal discomfort very quickly, and I felt back to 100% within 2-3 weeks.
mom2K&G likes this.

October 24th, 2013, 08:22 PM
GingerMomof3's Avatar Regular
I've only had on c-section but it went SO smoothly. I didn't have any staples or stitches (I was glued) so I was able to get up and walk around and even bend to a certain degree with minimal discomfort. I think i took my pain medicine that first evening after my spinal block wore off but after that, I only needed tylenol. I have heard horror stories about cesareans but if mine all go as easily as the first, I don't mind having 3 or 4 more!

October 28th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't want to scare you, just know most women have an easier time than me.

With my first, I labored 44 hours and pushed for 3 hours before my csection. I have nothing else to compare it to, but for me, the recovery pain was every bit as bad as any pitocin induced contractions I experienced.

Getting out of bed to pick up DD or use the bathroom the first few days was a very tall order. I had to, as they removed my cath not long after my csection. I also stayed the full 72 hours and couldn't do anything without this injectable version of ibuprofen. Doing anything was hard, really hard. I was told to work through it so I did. The most intense pain was the first 4 days. After that, things started getting easier. By week 3, I felt like I had simply done too many sit ups and not just had major surgery. I also got the glue, no stitches or staples. I'm really glad my OB decided to use that on me and will be requesting that again. I don't think I could have handled emotionally going back in to have stitches/staples removed. I had a lot of emotional issues after my csection, in addition to a painful recovery and was less than excited about going in even for my post op check up even though physically I felt ok by then.

I have always heard unplanned csections after long labors are harder recoveries than planned csections. It makes sense why since your body taxed itself to the limit in labor and then had major surgery on top of that. I'm not sure how this one is coming, but I'm not looking forward to another surgery and will try again if I do go into labor.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search