This is going to be my first C-section

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2K&G

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So this is going to be my first C-section. I have had 4 vaginal births so I know what to expect with those. But this time around I'm already scared and I have a while to go. So I may have lots of questions along the way sorry.

So anyway first question. How long after your C-section did it take before you were able to see baby? How long did you have to stay in the hospital? Anything a first time C-section mama should know or expect???

Thank you all ahead of time

April 26th, 2013, 06:07 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
how long after your C-section did it take before you were able to see baby? I know at my hospital they have the blue drape up (of course) but once they get baby out safely they will lower the drape so you can see him/her. Then they take the baby to get a weight and make sure baby is ok and wrap them up. At that time if you have your DH or someone with you they will hand the baby to them and you can give him/her a kiss and the nurse will take your first picture. Then the nurse, DH and baby will leave while they finish up your c section. They take the baby to get washed and cleaned up. DH will stay with baby. Once you finish surgery and go to recovery DH and baby will be in there with you. I never held my baby at that time because you are so drugged up and still sleeping on and off. It was nice to have them sitting with me though. Then after about an hour you move to your own room and you can be with baby ALL the time. Now with all this being said every hospital is different so please make sure you ask your OB what their policies are on this.

How long did you have to stay in the hospital?For c section births you will be in the hospital for 72 hours. As long as every thing goes ok

Anything a first time C-section mama should know or expect??? About 2 to 3 hours after surgery and you get into your room, the nurse will make you walk. It's Painful!! BUT please walk!! You will walk very very slow, but the nurse will be with you, walking helps you heal so much faster!! I hate that part myself, but I know its better. You won't be able to move very well or sit up at all by yourself. Your stomach muscles were just cut through, so take your time and don't get frustrated! I think the most important thing I could tell you.. is WALK! Even later in the day or the next day, DH, Baby and you just walk the hall =) Good luck! Try not to be stressed or scared about it. Just take it one day at a time and think about seeing and holding your baby!
Christina642 likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much.

Oh yeah another question. Do they have to tie your arms down. I cant stand being tied up scares the crap out of me. It causes me to have panic attacks

April 27th, 2013, 04:07 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina642 View Post
Thank you so much.

Oh yeah another question. Do they have to tie your arms down. I cant stand being tied up scares the crap out of me. It causes me to have panic attacks
Hmm They never tied my arms down at all! You just have your arms out to the side, but not tied down

April 27th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ok just making sure cause that will cause a full blown panic attack if they did. I had to have a heart procedure done one time. And before I even got any meds they had strapped me to the or table head and all. I freaked out they had to hurry up and knock me out. It was not good.

April 30th, 2013, 10:01 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
How long after your C-section did it take before you were able to see baby? For me I saw the baby right after she was wrapped up after being taken out. My husband held her next to my head where he was sitting and we were both just looking at her and the nurse was taking pictures. My husband and the nurses took the baby to get a bath and weighed and looked at while my csection was finished and within about 45 minutes I was in the room with hubby and baby. I had a spinal so I was completely with it and able to start nursing within an hour of giving birth. It was great!

How long did you have to stay in the hospital?I believe I stayed for 1 full day. I gave birth on Monday, Stayed Tuesday and went home mid day on Wednesday. I had a friend just have a planned csection and she stayed the same amount of time

Anything a first time C-section mama should know or expect??? I second the walking!! Everyone told me the sooner you get up and move afterwards the better you will be and it was true!! I didn't walk at all the day that I gave birth but they got me up bright and early and next morning and I started walking the halls every hour I would make a lap. It was slow and I thought my insides would fall out but by the time I got home I was feeling SO much better. I told my husband if I could have a planned csection, I would give birth 10 more times. I had an induced vaginal with my first and the recovery was a lot worse for me. I didn't tare bad or anything like that, I would just rather have a sore stomach than a sore vagina personally.

They also didn't strap me down. They have your arms out to the side like your flying, and tell you not to touch the blue cloth that is separating you from the full show, but that is it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search