New Here. Emergency C Section May 2013

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelllilee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
Hello all! I wish I would have know about this group when Cicely was first born! I feel like I would have gotten over my traumatic delivery a little faster! I am trying to be more active in the May2013 playroom but I have only been active for about a week now.

Anyway, here is my story... Maybe there are some of you who can relate?

I had a normal healthy pregnancy up until about 38 weeks when I started having high blood presssure. They were checking me out and monitoring me to make sure I didn't have pre eclampsia (sp?) I went on bedrest, and was checked into the hospital for stress tests to make sure I was safe to stay pregnant. Anyway, all was ok so I just rested and monitored my blood pressure at home. On Friday, May 10th I went in for a stress test and they ruptured my membranes, I was put off by this since I hadn't known much about it... A horrifying event. I was scheduled to get induced on May 12th and my due date was May 13. I had been having contractions all weekend, not super strong, not close together but off and on all weekend. On May 12th, about 10am my water broke and I went in to Labor and Delivery. Some time around 1pm they were checking to see how far along I was and they were putting the fetal monitor in when my baby's heart rate dropped, and didn't go back to normal. They rushed me into emergency C section, and I was loosing a lot of blood. They said the placenta had detached 60% and my baby lost a lot of blood. She needed oxygen, two blood transfusions and had a collapsed lung. Her apgar score was really low, I think (I can't remember) it was a 3/10. They also cut her twice during the C section : ( I was only allowed to see her for 15 minutes when I came out of recovery. She was in the NICU for three days.

She healed up fast and has been hitting her milestones on time or early, thank God! I worry about her though, with all the blood loss and needing oxygen. But I am thankful for everyday and every moment I have with her because I never expected to have such an urgent birth. She has two scars on the left side of her head, just above her ear and just before her hairline ends. Has anyone else have this happen? I am sure Im not the only one!

-Karen
December 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Well I thought I could come here to get a little support Not feeling the love.
December 4th, 2013, 05:40 PM
wow, some story...hope your baby's doing ok...
since we're sharing stories
my first kid - typical c section - kid was too big, not dropping, I had preeclampsia, water broke, merconium in water...so did a c section.
with my second, was trying for a v-bac, was in labor for over 24 hours, checked into hospital -not dilated at all. Dr. scheduled a c-section for the morning. (it was 1 a.m.)
waited all night, in heavy labor, wouldn't give me epidural, finally had surgery - loads of scar tissue, so took 30 min to get to him, then found that my uterus had a window - it had ripped open a little from all the contractions and amniotic fluid had leaked out, so had to suction me, sew up my uterus...surgery took over 3 hours. In the middle, anesthesia wore off, felt EVERYTHING, screamed really loud, they had to put me out...
I was VERY VERY VERY traumatized, but my baby (not such a baby anymore - he's 2 1/2) is such a joy that its all worth it, and believe it or not, i'm going for baby #3 now - due in july...this one is going to be a scheduled c-section
I'm using a high risk doctor and they wont let me go into labor...

So yea, traumatizing experience, but all worth it, every time he wraps his arms around me and says "love you mommy"
I'm kinda scared of the c-section that's waiting for me, but know that it will all be SO worth it in the end...
December 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
My story is somewhat similar. I had three completely uncomplicated vaginal deliveries (no meds, no IV, nothing) including one homebirth. Baby #4 was a planned homebirth. But at 35 weeks I woke up in the middle of the night gushing blood, rushed to the hospital and had an emergency c/s. I had a huge placental abruption and had probably been bleeding into the uterus most of the day before, there were blood clots almost as big as my baby! Thankfully, in my case, baby didn't lose any blood, just me. I was borderline needing a transfusion but managed to avoid it. We were in the hospital for 6 days (3 days in the NICU). All this happened 9-11hours after getting home from a 2 week, 3000 mile road trip in the middle of nowhere. We were seriously lucky.
KrenPres likes this.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search