3rd c-section but 1st in 12 years...

Forum: Cesarean Section Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cesarean Section Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,

I know there's some older posts on this board so I hope that a few of you are still around. I'm an old JM member but took a break after my divorce, now am recently remarried and expecting! This will be my 3rd, and DH's first. I've had two c/s in the past. My first was an emergency. My second I pushed hard for a VBAC but my body wasn't going into labor and my doctor was impatient and pushed for me to have another c/s. This one I was sure that I was going to push again for a VBA2C but now that I'm pregnant things have changed. For starters I live in an area where they are banned by every doctor and hospital within a 200 mile radius. So unless I were to walk in the ER about to deliver (which I won't do) I don't think it'll happen. I also have some medical issues that may make it to where the baby passing through my birth canal could get very sick. And when researching VBAC's it was easy for me to pass off the >1% chance of rupture risk, but I've recently talked to moms who had that happen and they lost their babies, which made it a little more real of a risk to me. Needless to say I am starting to sway back to another c/s for this baby. I have my first appt on Feb 6th and I just want to discuss my doctor's viewpoint on it all since this is my first birth with him...

For one, I'd like to do a gentle c/s which IMO makes it a little more "birth-like" and not so "Surgery-like" with the baby going immediately to you, the cord being left long so dad can clip it, all testing done while on mom's chest, skin-to-skin, and baby stays with me.... I remember getting so stressed out the last few times when the baby was born and everyone left and I was in there on the table waiting to be put back together. Having my DH and baby there I think will take my mind off the fact that I am wide open.

Also I wonder if anyone knows if its beneficial to have dissolvable stitches as opposed to staples. I know they usually use staples because its faster, but am wondering if anyone has had stitches instead? I've heard that requested.

I also want to know how to bring up the fact that we're hoping to expand our family more. I know a lot of doctors try to limit the amount of c/s you have. But I've also seen some women have over 7, some 8-9. So how should I best bring up that I do not intend this to be my last?

I appreciate any feedback ladies! I love this board and I've always enjoyed everyone's positivity and help!

Thanks!
Jesse: 10 weeks - Feb 2017 TTC #4 w/ lots of prayer our RAINBOW baby!
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

July 22nd, 2017, 12:40 PM
Hi! I hope I'm not too late to reply to you, I just noticed when this was posted but I would like to weigh in if I may. It has been 9 years since I have had a C-section and I like the gentle c/s idea. If you have to have one, you should be the boss unless it is risky to you or the baby. I would definitely address the fact that you were left laying on the table to your OB/GYN especially if you're having the same one as last time. Talk openly with your doctor about future possibilities of having more babies, I think it may be dependent on your body, but I am definitely wanting to have 2 more as DH and I are currently TTC, and that is a talk I too have to have with my doctor as well. I have not heard of dissolvable stitches on the outer surface of the body, but I know they put them in the uterus. If I am able to have the 2 more babies that DH and I are wanting, it would total 4 c/s for me; 1 being emergency and 3 planned. I am just going to approach the convo with my doc as we would like 2 more babies and just take it from there.

Good luck and I hope this helps!!
September 19th, 2017, 03:39 AM
Regular
I had c-section. It was ended up with stitches. The pain was miserable when move with stitches. But it was only for 1 week. You are right. Doctors limits with c-section. They normally preferred 3 or 4 c-sections. Some doctors denied for more than 4 c-sections. They referred you to another hospital in such case. If your health is too good then you can handle 7 or more c-sections. Every time you went through a operation, your body healing inabilities decreases. For a good health, you need to use milk, dairy products, food, nuts, dry fruits. These helps a lot for it. I think that if you have a good health then c-section will not put bad effect on you except a back pain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search