What were we thinking?

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the most embarassing fashion phase you went through?

Mine has to be tight rolling my pants all throughout elementary school! lol I remember waking up and getting dressed, and making SURE i did not leave my house without tight rolling them! I even remember once asking my mom to do it for me, so that she could do it tighter at the bottom!!! What was i thinking, seriously??
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

December 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thin cotton belly tops with a print of something on the front. Usually just a sunflower,heart,star,etc never more than one thing. Then we put on a visor (preferably phat farm) and did our hair in a messy up do.
The messy up do was just throwing our hair on top of our heads and then attacking it with hair spray til it stayed..

I had visors in every colour imaginable and my favourite was a baby blue phat farm one
it was modeled after this Gucci one

baby blue with the phat farm logo all over.

It was really popular when I was in like grade 8.

Or the horrible polyester half back tops and lace up pants from grade 9

so gross.

December 8th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Haha! I remember the belly shirts! lol
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

December 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The daisy duke short short jean shorts!!! I used to wear those all the time!!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

December 11th, 2008, 05:50 AM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Arrrgggg, neon and madonna in the 80's! We thought we were just hot stuff. Ever seen the wedding singer? Julia's cousin always dressed up like madonna and then the am after partying with the neon? Geez, that was me in 9th- 10th grade. The messy waves and every lave anything imaginable...those skirts looked like shreds of maretial. The main store I shopped at was an 80's chain called "the merry go round" and that's ALL they sold.

And the neon, for those days when you just weren't retarded enough... imagine a hot pink tee shirt dress, hot pink leg warmers with lime green socks for accents, white keds with hot pink laces, big curly 80's hair and big cauliflower bangs with a lime green bow tilted to one side, and a lime green bandana off to one side around the neck. Add some big ole lime hoops on my ears and a few matching bangle bracelets, and you have my 10th grade yearbook pic. ACCCK.

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
December 11th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Arrrgggg, neon and madonna in the 80's! We thought we were just hot stuff. Ever seen the wedding singer? Julia's cousin always dressed up like madonna and then the am after partying with the neon? Geez, that was me in 9th- 10th grade. The messy waves and every lave anything imaginable...those skirts looked like shreds of maretial. The main store I shopped at was an 80's chain called "the merry go round" and that's ALL they sold.

And the neon, for those days when you just weren't retarded enough... imagine a hot pink tee shirt dress, hot pink leg warmers with lime green socks for accents, white keds with hot pink laces, big curly 80's hair and big cauliflower bangs with a lime green bow tilted to one side, and a lime green bandana off to one side around the neck. Add some big ole lime hoops on my ears and a few matching bangle bracelets, and you have my 10th grade yearbook pic. ACCCK.[/b]
HAHAHA! I love your explanation, it totally made me picture you in 10th grade! how funny!!

December 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
StephanyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These tight halter tops and shorts riding up my bum! I think back and I looked like holy hell! But...I was young!

Steph & Jon 2.5yrs <3
Mom to Natalie 2.5 yrs

December 14th, 2008, 11:05 AM
mandamarie8907's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to mandamarie8907
i tight rolled my jeans too. i remmeber a few times roling them be4 i put them on then squeezing into them so it was rolled tighter. haha
stretchy pants were the worse ! i cant beleive i ever wore them !

December 20th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The big hair! LOL I always had big "FAN" bangs! Lots of AquaNet! Oh and ACID WASH jeans!
December 21st, 2008, 04:00 PM
Sophia.'s Avatar Veteran
Combats

December 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^^ I never wore combats not even once. I hated them even when they were "cool" lol

December 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
neon colors!! I use to love to wear them
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
January 12th, 2009, 06:24 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stretch pants.....seriously.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

February 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I have a few...

Overalls- in really bright colors, too.. EEK.

Baggy T-shirts and work boots- i wanted to be a guy because I started going through puberty really early and went through a hard time.

February 12th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
Band t-shirts with a turtle neck underneith. Horrible, but we wore them EVERYDAY
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
June 10th, 2009, 07:30 PM
unicornmagic
There is a picture of me wearing a pair of ripped up jeans with combat boots, a tie-dyed tank top, little braids in my hair, and bannadana with peace signs on it to top the look off. That would be my worst outfit ever. I was around 11 (so like '97-ish, it was the summer). After I got over that look, animal backpacks. I did the total raver look for a while. Then the worst after that was a picture of me from high school, but I was in my school uniform, it wasn't my fault. A plaid skirt and baggy sweat shirt was the best look I could pull off and not get in trouble.

My excuse for these insane ideas was the fact that I attended a private catholic school with a strict dress code from 6th grade on. So when I wasn't in a uniform, I was experimenting. Once I hit high school I found jeans and t-shirts worked a lot better post-school.
June 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM
unicornmagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjeni View Post
The big hair! LOL I always had big "FAN" bangs! Lots of AquaNet! Oh and ACID WASH jeans!
I saw acid wash jeans in Dillards (I think it was dillards) one day. I freaked out. Ok, bring back the 80's, but bring back the good parts. Mullets and acid wash are not in that cateagory.
June 11th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
OMG hahahaha I was an 80's teenager so I wore and did everything everyone above me wrote ... Neons and Fluorescents, Lace Madonna with black bands and spikes from the wrist to the elbow, bandanas, visors, lace frilly socks with pumps (oh goodness hell!!!!), combats, rolling jeans (oh how I cringe at this memory) LOLOLOL

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
June 17th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my mother making me and my sister have mullets when we were like 6 and 7.

Ok like seriously!
November 3rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
what to cook for dinner!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search