Olive Oil For Hair?

Forum: Fashion and Beauty

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fashion and Beauty LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2009, 01:14 PM
jaydensmom0327's Avatar Jaydensmom
Send a message via MSN to jaydensmom0327 Send a message via Yahoo to jaydensmom0327
After a long winter’s exposure to dry indoor heat, our hair needs some nourishing relief! Here’s the simple solution. This easy hair treatment will result in healthier, more manageable hair and a really clean, invigorated scalp. Olive oil nourishes, conditions, and improves the strength and elasticity of your hair, while the couldn’t-be-easier process is both stress-reducing and health-promoting.

Here’s how.

INGREDIENTS (enough for 1 or 2 treatments, depending on the length and thickness of your hair)

˝ cup olive oil
5 drops frankincense essential oil (others may be substituted, if you wish)
1 plastic bag that can fit over your hair

1. Pour olive oil into a jar with a lid, then add essential oil. Put lid on jar and shake well to disperse the essential oil. Let sit for 24 hours in a cool, dark place. Shake again before use.

2. Rinse hair with warm water. Warm 1 tablespoon of oil treatment in the palms of your hands. Using your fingertips (not nails), gently massage the oil into the scalp in a circular motion. Repeat until the entire scalp has been massaged. Rub the ends of your hair with the remaining oil.

3. Place a plastic bag over your hair, secure by tying or with a hair clip or clothespin, and allow the oil to remain for at least a half-hour.

4. Rinse well, then shampoo as usual.

Adapted from The Herbal Home Spa by Greta Breedlove (Storey Books, 1998).
June 24th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
I do this ... works great!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
November 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
tried it! effective!
November 5th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Super Mommy
I've tried olive oil shampoo before and it made my hair way greasy. Maybe this would be different?

Tolerance obviously requires a non-contentious manner of relating toward one another’s differences. But tolerance does not require abandoning one’s standards or one’s opinions on political or public policy choices. Tolerance is a way of reacting to diversity, not a command to insulate it from examination.
-- Dallin H. Oaks
November 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM
i'm 7 months pregnant with my first! i tried olive oil shampoo and it also made my hair way too greasy. my hair has been completely unmanageable lately!

i have a friend who swears by this shampoo, nine naturals. it's all-natural and made for pregnant women. has anyone else used this product?
November 20th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I've used olive oil on my hair but it's to greasy that's why i followed what my friend have advised me to

use mayonnaise instead sounds weird but sure did something good on my hair.. just apply 2 spoons of

mayo into your hair let it stand for about 5-10 minutes.. then rinse it well with shampoo,,,, you'll see

that your hair won't get any greasy feeling and more soft feeling..
November 27th, 2009, 11:22 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
I do something like this.

I use a tablespoon of EVOO after washing and conditioning my hair. I let it sit over night and then wash my hair again. My is never oily afterwards and it's very soft and silky. I make sure the EVOO goes from roots to my ends.

December 6th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Veteran
Another method is take extra virgin olive oil, warm slightly so that it does not burn your scalp....

Dip the comb in the oil and comb evenly...

Put your shower cap on and after 5 min take out and rinse with shampoo...

Conditioner not required...
December 11th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Veteran
I have psoriasis on my scalp and my head used to crack and bleed when i was younger, i used Jafra precious protein oil on my scalp every sat for the entire day. To get it out so your hair is not greasy dont wet your hair first put some shampoo on your hands and then straight on your oily hair and that cuts out most of the grease and then rinse it and wash it..that is the easiest way i've found and you still get soft hair.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search